Idaho Results Out?

Awesome. It looks Kind of hilly. The big question is, did you see any deer?

Only saw a couple deer. But we were not out much during mornings/evenings as it was a quick one night camping trip. Quite a few deer tracks on some of the main access trails where the ground was still soft from snowmelt.

I will be down there again in the middle of August for a meeting/tour for an organization I volunteer with. So might learn something straight from the biologists.

Five of us drew cow tags in the Stanley area. Will be the first time hunting Idaho and two of the guys I have never met. Should be a fun hunt. Will also be heading to Wyoming with my partner on his hunt and I drew Washington multi-season elk, should be a busy fall.

I got my Dear John yesterday also. I did purchase my deer tag way back in February so I'm still making the trip for the general season. Still might do an early muzzle loader in Washington. It open 2 weeks before Idaho
and isn't that far from my chosen area.

I drew 1 of 50 early rifle elk tags for the Diamond Creek unit. Should be a fun hunt. I have had this tag before when they used to issue fewer tags.
Congratulations! I have been putting in for this tag for about 15 years with no success. I have drawn the cow tag in the same unit as my second choice a few times. but I'm still holding out for the time I get some good luck. Good luck on your hunt.

I drew one of those less than 10% chance of draw late elk tags in a unit that is apparently are overrun with wolves, winter kill, and other hunters, but somehow everyone still wants to apply for it (and somehow has a decent history of hunter success). At least that's what I read on the internet. I'm excited to burn some leather. Good luck all.

Congratulations! I have been putting in for this tag for about 15 years with no success. I have drawn the cow tag in the same unit as my second choice a few times. but I'm still holding out for the time I get some good luck. Good luck on your hunt.

Hey man your gonna hate me but I drew this early tag 5 years ago...and the mid-season tag 2 years ago...as a non-resident. Thanks for the support. Going to bring one of my kids for sure and spike camp to make it fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back