Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho Resident Tag Question

bisblue

Hey folks,
I just an interview for job in Southern Idaho. It's in an area I worked as a climbing ranger before.

My question is do residents buy a OTC elk tag with a specific zone just like non-residents, or is the resident tag statewide?

You have to choose the specific zone you want to hunt in. Good luck on the job.
Thanks,
That is what I thought, but just double checking. I imagine if I get the job, I won't make the 6 month residency wait before the season starts. Usually takes a while to get everything through on the HR side.

But it will be a good reason to burn all my NV resident points.

Thanks,
That is what I thought, but just double checking. I imagine if I get the job, I won't make the 6 month residency wait before the season starts. Usually takes a while to get everything through on the HR side.

But it will be a good reason to burn all my NV resident points.
Unless they’re deer points that you’re going to burn on an easy archery tag, I’ll be impressed if NV let’s you burn your points in the year of your choosing.

Unless they’re deer points that you’re going to burn on an easy archery tag, I’ll be impressed if NV let’s you burn your points in the year of your choosing.
In Nevada you don't get to choose whether to use the points or not. They are in the equation in every draw.
If you draw a tag you loose all the points for that species.

In Nevada you don't get to choose whether to use the points or not. They are in the equation in every draw.
If you draw a tag you loose all the points for that species.
And it didn’t occur to you that I was getting at exactly that? “Truly you have a dizzying intellect”

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back