Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Idaho Region 6 deer/elk

fmnjr

Got skunked in NV and OR so I looked elsewhere. After doing a good deal of research, some involving talking to a local field biologist, I've nailed down an area in Region 6 of Idaho to back pack hunt muley/elk. It's all mountains, hunt dates are 10/10-10/21 including overlap for the deer hunt. Biologist says the recently completed elk flyover count is the highest ever recorded for the unit I've chosen. If interested, send a PM.

I'm interested. I'm planning on bow hunting Colorado in early sept. but I have nothing planned for October.
It looks like there are plenty of tags available for the panhandle. What weapon(s) are you planning to use?

Hey thanks for checking in. And this is not in the panhandle this is in the south eastern part of the state. I’m hunting with the Winchester 300 mag.

Not being one to let go of something of importance, at least to me, thought I'd give this one last shot.

First off, I'd like to say thanks to those who responded both here and via PM.

Sometimes things work out and sometimes not. Good luck to all of you hunting this fall.

A couple of important things about this ad:
* I'm 63 years old and this year will be my first time elk hunting.
* I don't do things half-azzed or give up if there's something needs doing.
* Area I've chosen has unique geography that, once recognized, demand ones attention.
* Physically scouted the area and have verified elk/deer are there.
* Deer population, by observation of sign, is very high. Area is covered with droppings.
* Elk population, by observation of sign, is undetermined. Area contains well used wallows.

If you, or someone you know, might be interested in partnering up send me a PM.

BTW, the area chosen supposedly has grizzlies present.

Not being one to let go of something of importance, at least to me, thought I'd give this one last shot.

First off, I'd like to say thanks to those who responded both here and via PM.

Sometimes things work out and sometimes not. Good luck to all of you hunting this fall.

A couple of important things about this ad:
* I'm 63 years old and this year will be my first time elk hunting.
* I don't do things half-azzed or give up if there's something needs doing.
* Area I've chosen has unique geography that, once recognized, demand ones attention.
* Physically scouted the area and have verified elk/deer are there.
* Deer population, by observation of sign, is very high. Area is covered with droppings.
* Elk population, by observation of sign, is undetermined. Area contains well used wallows.

If you, or someone you know, might be interested in partnering up send me a PM.

BTW, the area chosen supposedly has grizzlies present.

We are head there this year group of 3. How was your 2018

Thanks for asking. Sometime after I'd done all the research and decided to hunt Idaho, someone I know who's an experienced hunter talked me into going to another area of Idaho where he had some acquaintances who knew the area very well. We got there and saw absolutely no sign whatsoever. Didn't see one elk. I didn't do any research prior to agreeing to go to the area but once I was there we looked up the stats and found 2 out of 100 tags were filled the prior year, basically as close to 0 as one could get. Lesson learned, I'll never go anywhere again where I haven't personally done the required homework.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back