Idaho on fire

idnative1948

Anybody's hunts in the Idaho Owyhees up in flames or close to it?

AND, a question to our *chicken expert, Miller*. What is going to happen to the LEKS? How many years recovery, or will they be gone? Ten plus years of helping write EIS's regarding same on bombing/cattle ranges has me wondering. As I am not in the same league as you sir, I am wondering..

Was going to the cabin in OR tonight, but late PM I-84 closed again, along with OR SH7 which is our main route to Sumpter, OR.

Heavy smoke in the air here. Should I go fish the river tomorrow or start sorting crap for October? Rafting is out seeing as how we took two of the grandsons rafting on the Payette on Wednesday.

My friend is the outfitter in and around Reynolds Creek. He is supposed to start archery deer hunting on the 15th. They pretty much have all the roads shut down around that area. Hoping they open up soon for him and anyone else planning on hunting there.

Regarding sage grouse a fire could be good...or not. I don't see it impacting the leks too much, but could make nesting/brooding habitat scarce. The big thing for the birds is that they get in there and get some stabilization and rehab done and pronto. Then hope for favorable weather to get the stuff growing. Last two UT sage grouse I shot were along the edge of a one year old burn. Seeding was timely after and it got some good weather. The birds were all over it from about late July to early September.

I have a friend with a late deer tag out there this year. I haven't spent alot of time in the area of the burn-but have hunted just south of where the fire started with success in the past. I am no fire expert, but I am wondering if by November the deer will be bunched up more than normal in the un-burned areas along the perimeter?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back