Caribou Gear Tarp

Idaho NR Draw Bill HB587

With the language, I wonder if this would require NR's to choose between a 'current' OTC/general tag or a controlled hunt? Right now, they buy the general and can apply for controlled hunts. Maybe its a separate draw, but I could see it being a whole lot easier/cheaper to just do one draw??

With the language, I wonder if this would require NR's to choose between a 'current' OTC/general tag or a controlled hunt? Right now, they buy the general and can apply for controlled hunts. Maybe its a separate draw, but I could see it being a whole lot easier/cheaper to just do one draw??
That would be interesting for sure. It would probably shake up controlled hunt draw odds quite a bit if a bunch of people were to stick with the "general" tags.

There wouldn’t be any OTC tags. Every tag would be a draw tag. Essentially every tag becomes a “controlled hunt “.

I wonder how they would establish this with the current cap type system that is in place. Not sure I see in the law exactly which direction they will go. Cap or up to a cap. Either way, its a win for everyone. Easier process for NR with likely higher chance to get a general tag and R and NR alike should have improved odds for the current controlled hunts.

The "general" tags right now have a NR cap in which all tags now basically sell out. However, in the controlled draw, there is only an "up to" cap but not a guaranteed cap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back