Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho Late Season - Unit 41

SoloIdaho

Hi guys, I'm Dave and brand new to the forum. I have been reading and hanging around for awhile but haven't posted until now. I drew a great late season Mule tag for Unit 41 in Southwest Idaho. I'm absolutely thrilled to have the tag and looking forward to the hunt. I was interested to know if anyone has walked this country before. I plan to head in alone and walk out with a great animal. I have spent a bit of time driving and hiking the area this summer and now need to focus in on the areas I plan to hunt. 1.5 millions acres is intimidating in the desert! Any advice would be truly valued.

I've spent a fair amount of time in that unit over the last 20 years, headed down that way this Friday. One thing- once the hunt starts cover as much ground as you can if you don't see bucks with does move to the next group, the bucks cover alot of ground trolling for hot does out there. PM me if you would like some additional info.

My advice is listen to anything OwyheeHuntr has to say.

He is a great resource on that area! I owe you one pal

I've spent a fair amount of time in that unit over the last 20 years, headed down that way this Friday. One thing- once the hunt starts cover as much ground as you can if you don't see bucks with does move to the next group, the bucks cover alot of ground trolling for hot does out there. PM me if you would like some additional info.

Spot on...
Matt

Anyone mind sharing some information on 41 West of highway 51 for antelope? My dad drew the antelope tag September 25. Been there a few times this month and last month to scout but havent seen much or any sign. Anything would help!!

Anyone mind sharing some information on 41 West of highway 51 for antelope? My dad drew the antelope tag September 25. Been there a few times this month and last month to scout but havent seen much or any sign. Anything would help!!
Did you get any replies? When does the tag end? We chased antelope all over that area on my deer tag.

I got a decent 3x3. They aren't all trophies out there, but i have seen some nice 4x4s from years past. It snowed hard on the first day, so the critters started heading north towards the river, which is lower in elevation. I spent lots of time posted up hill tops and glassing. There's no tree cover, so you're looking across lots of land and brush.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back