Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Idaho guides and outfitters experiencing significant decline in bookings

LopeHunter

Maybe this is the canary in the coal mine. Certainly the correlation with overall hunt demand is not perfect when seeing the early impact on guides. The impact is now confirmed, though, on guided hunts. Will be a rough 2020 for guides that took deposits and spent a chunk of money for leases, equipment, baits, scouting, etc. Even shifting a booked hunt into 2021 can be problematic if have several 2021 booking in place. If tag sales are impacted and the mix of Resident/Non-Resident tags shifts towards residents and General Funds fall as sales taxes, personal income taxes and business taxes decline then is going to be a lot of hurdles the next year or two which none of us could have predicted last autumn. Crazy times.

That kind of news is sad, but not surprising. Sucks for the guides and rural economy as a whole!

This is so bad on almost everyone Im not sure how many folks can get through this without major financial issues

Been thinking about booking a caribou transporter for '21. Even that might be impacted by rollover hunters that were booked this year if they aren't able to go.

Many residents are salivating at this. There is some serious disdain for NR’s online (cough cough MM/RS).

My kids and I are out for the first time...especially after I saw their plan to jack up youth prices. It’s a bummer. I liked being a patron of Idaho. The game wardens are awesome. Entitled residents violating OHV laws were not. Overall we have some great memories with both of them! Time to move on!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back