Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Idaho governor tags

What Map

FYI :
Hopefully these new governor tags have controls to force the sponsoring organization to put at least 90% into honesttogod wildlife support and not to fund their operations. Also that their books are open to public view. How will the proceeds be split between the state and NGO?
I might add that if the money is used on private land, outfitting is excluded and/or the land must be put into block management for a decade or more. but I digress.
Any of you Idaho boy and girls going to be at the meetings on the 11, 12 and 13? However unless policy is being discussed and changed, it may not be worth it.

IDAHO FISH AND GAME
Headquarters NEWS RELEASE
Boise, ID
Date: July 2, 2012

[email protected]
(208) 334-3746

new Idaho laws affect hunters and anglers

Several new and changed Idaho laws took effect July 1 that will affect the state's hunters and anglers.

The legislation:
At the upcoming meeting July 11-13 in Bonners Ferry, the Idaho Fish and Game Commission will consider new rules to put into practice laws that:

* Allow parents and grandparents to transfer controlled hunt tags and controlled hunt permits to certain minor children or grandchildren according to rules prescribed by the Fish and Game Commission. This would allow family members to enhance a youth's hunting opportunity and experience. The minor child must either be licensed to hunt or a participant in the Fish Game mentored hunting program. Sale of the designated control hunt tag is not lawful.

Allow the Idaho Fish and Game Commission to issue special big game auction tags referred to as "Governor's Wildlife Partnership Tags." Fish and Game may issue up to three tags per species per year for deer, elk and pronghorn; one tag per year may be issued for moose, and one tag per species per year may be issued for mountain goat and bighorn sheep. These special auction tags will be taken from the nonresident tag quota, and will be auctioned by nonprofit organizations dedicated to wildlife conservation.

Similar to Fish and Game's current bighorn sheep auction tag, the proceeds will come back to Fish and Game for a variety of wildlife programs. The commission will consider new procedure rules for these tags at their July meeting, but they are not expected to issue any of the new Governor's Wildlife Partnership Tags at this meeting

IDAHO FISH AND GAME
Headquarters NEWS RELEASE
Boise, ID
Date: July 2, 2012

[email protected]
(208) 334-3746

you can bet your dollars that SFW or Big Game Forever will get at least one tag. IDFG is scrounging for non-game funds so you can probably bet that some of these funds will go to the non-game program. I don't have a huge problem with this if things improve on the game management aspect. I would also bet that further funding of the Access Yes program will be discussed?
It will be interesting to see what occurs.

You guys realize these tags came from the legislature and IDFG had no input on the bill that created them and opposed the bill as well? The legislature in this state loves to play armchair biologist. The IDFG commision now just has to figure out how to implement this.

The legislature in this state loves to play armchair biologist.

Whatever has infected the water in the Capitol building of Boise, seems to have also migrated to the Capitol building in Helena.

Easy to be armchair biologist and make policy and laws related to game and fish issues when the blame will get placed on the Department, rather than the knotheads in the legislature.

you can bet your dollars that SFW or Big Game Forever will get at least one tag. IDFG is scrounging for non-game funds so you can probably bet that some of these funds will go to the non-game program. I don't have a huge problem with this if things improve on the game management aspect. I would also bet that further funding of the Access Yes program will be discussed?
It will be interesting to see what occurs.

Depending on what the enabling legislation looks like those tags could have no impact on wildlife, and simply fund non-profits.

Here's the 2012 Wyoming Commissioner license list:
http://gf.state.wy.us/web2011/commi...95442396F4352792F562F6C4D364155336D504E673D3D

I will be watching what happens in ID so I can be better prepared here in MT. But I'll be doing it after a few days in the wilderness on horseback and on boats with my lovely bride!:hump:

The language in the bill states that IDF&G may issue the tags, or they may not. I know that some of the commisioners are against issuing the tags.

As for the money, I believe the selling organization gets 5% for its costs to market the tags. The rest goes directly to IDF&G. The money is to be split between Access Yes and other wildlife projects.

If you're against the tags, I'd suggest contacting Idaho's commisioners.

The language in the bill states that IDF&G may issue the tags, or they may not. I know that some of the commisioners are against issuing the tags.

As for the money, I believe the selling organization gets 5% for its costs to market the tags. The rest goes directly to IDF&G. The money is to be split between Access Yes and other wildlife projects.

If you're against the tags, I'd suggest contacting Idaho's commisioners.

Great!

This is just the foot in the door. In Utah they subsidize to the tune of over 200 tags a year. It always starts out innocently, with great arguements about all the conservation that can be done with those $$$$. Look no further than Utah for the potential future of this.

Here's how Idaho state legislatures voted earlier this year on S1256 (Big Game Auction Tags). Maybe some of you would like to consider this information next Tuesday.

Senators
AYES -- Bair, Brackett, Broadsword, Cameron, Darrington, Davis, Fulcher, Goedde, Hammond, Heider, Hill, Keough, Lodge, McKague, McKenzie, Rice, Siddoway, Smyser, Winder
NAYS -- Andreason, Bilyeu, Bock, Corder, Johnson, LeFavour, Malepeai, Mortimer, Nuxoll, Pearce, Schmidt, Stennett, Tippets, Toryanski, Vick, Werk
Absent and excused -- None

Representatives
AYES -- Anderson, Andrus, Barbieri, Bateman, Batt, Bayer, Bedke, Bilbao, Black, Block(Block), Bolz, Chadderdon, Collins, Crane, DeMordaunt, Eskridge, Gibbs, Hagedorn, Hart, Hartgen, Harwood, Henderson, Higgins, Lacey, Moyle, Nonini, Palmer, Patrick, Pence, Raybould, Shirley, Sims, Stevenson, Thompson, Vander Woude, Wills, Wood(27), Mr. Speaker
NAYS -- Barrett, Bell, Boyle, Buckner-Webb, Burgoyne, Chew, Cronin, Ellsworth, Guthrie, Jaquet, Killen, King, Lake, Loertscher, Luker, Marriott, McMillan, Nesset, Nielsen, Perry, Ringo, Roberts, Rusche, Shepherd, Simpson, Smith(30), Smith(24), Thayn, Trail
Absent and excused -- McGeachin, Schaefer, Wood(35)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back