PEAX Equipment

Idaho goose opener

Michaelr

I had a pretty good dayhump I was 1 shy of my limit. It wasn't for lack of geese, It was just not my day with the shotgun. Had several bunches come into the deeks and try to land behind where I was set up making it hard to get out of the blind and get a shot. I was hunting short stubble and it is a pain to get hidden enough to not flare the geese.
I didn't get any pics in the field but did take a couple when I got home. I will post them later.

Moosie you missed a good shoot!!

Good job. I saw plenty of geese around before the season, esp. out around the 5 mile rd area off of victory. dont know if you can get there or not but there are a lot of ducks and geese around. Try out toward kuna also.

Mike... Something about a baby, coatching soccer, 2 soccer games, Etc, I jsut couldn't drive the 300 miles to go goose hunting, Sorry I'm a slacker. I'm glad you did my proud though. Although the last 2 years we've been out opening day we went 2 people with 2 limits..... You're slacking !!!! ;)

day 2 was interesting,
The fog rolled in and was thick as soup, I had geese landing all around me and could not see them, visibility was about 15 yards. I couldn't even see my decoys. It was pretty cool to listen to them for the better part of 2 hours, I finally had to wizz really bad and when I got out of my blind the group that was the closest flew, I could hear them and got a few quick snatches as they took off, they were only about 20 yards. I never fired a shot all morning and still have to say it was one of the best mornings I've had while goose hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back