Idaho Fires=Heads up Hunters

IDFireLass

Ross Fork has blown up last 2 days. It's headed out towards Smiley Creek. Evacuations stage 1 being put into place.
Woodtick in the Meyers cove has kicked up it's heels last couple of days.
Moose is just plain big.
Salmon-Challis forest is in Stage 1 fire restrictions. No open campfires other than designated campgrounds. Also no charcoal stoves/grills either. We are in extremely dry and very hot. Long range weather forecast above normal temps until November and below precipitation until November.

With the cold front coming in today most of the fires are blowing up big time.
The new big one Ross Fork off of hwy 75 north of Ketchum. Threatening Smiley creek airport, Sawtooth city, Alturas Lake and all the cabins and summer camps.
Double Creek fire is headed to Imnaha Oregon last night. It's become a monster over night. 58k acres.
Woodtick is blowing right now not sure which direction it's actually going? But it's has a monster smoke cloud building over it.
The woods are tinder dry and crunchy right now. Don't park on grass and you don't need a warming FIRE!!
Check the Forest you are headed to the next few weeks to see what has burnt and what hasn't and what you can and can't do for cooking and so forth.

Double Creek fire is headed to Imnaha Oregon last night. It's become a monster over night. 58k acres.
A friend of mine was in their hunting with a couple of buddies. They saddled up horses and GTFO at 3 AM a couple of days ago. Not sure if their camp is burnt up now or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little town of Orogrande has been told to leave because of the Williams creek fire. It pushed my wife out of a mountain lake fish survey last week

And here in western Montana, we have a bunch of fires too, plus all the smoke from those and Idaho settling in making life a little uncomfortable.

Moose fire with strong winds from front coming through last night, is making a run at Salmon forcing evacuations.

Biggest fire in Montana right now on Ravalli/Beaverhead County line.
Trail Ridge fire

Little town of Orogrande has been told to leave because of the Williams creek fire. It pushed my wife out of a mountain lake fish survey last week
I haven't been in there. Is it dog hair lodgepole like around Florence?

We were going out for our anniversary dinner last week, got just around the corner from our property and I looked up and saw this!

3037995C-8FDA-4704-9D4D-E422881E8756.jpeg1921112C-01A0-40E9-BC20-ED1340E7DADF.jpeg36E7F38A-EE23-481F-955E-86C35CB49A48.jpeg

Turned into a long sketchy evening as it was only about a mile from our place but we caught quite a few breaks. Still put a lump in the ol throat!

Moose fire with strong winds from front coming through last night, is making a run at Salmon forcing evacuations.

Biggest fire in Montana right now on Ravalli/Beaverhead County line.
Trail Ridge fire
Friends of ours live just North of Salmon. Called me the other night, said it was smoky. May have to check on them.

I had not looked at the Eneas peak fire in the Selkirks for a while and this morning I see that it is now the Kootenai River Complex and has blown up in the last week. Monday morning was 10k acres and currently 17k.

When looking at the fire maps the "thermal hotspots" shows fire growth before the perimeter outlines are updated. Some good sized fires not showing up on Inciweb.

2 new fires now called Ten Mile on Crystal mountain just west of War Eagle lookout. Type 2 team coming in to protect Warren and Secesh meadows. Last info I read it was 759 acres and growing.

Back