Yeti GOBOX Collection

Idaho Elk Hunt Video

Man, I was thinking, "No bull is just going to come out in the open and cross that much empty space just to see what's there." Then he comes running down the hill like he is a starving teenager and you just rang the dinner bell. Great job getting him to stop after he spooked and great shot (probably not exactly where you were aiming ;) but it got the job done.

Thanks for sharing!

Man, I was thinking, "No bull is just going to come out in the open and cross that much empty space just to see what's there." Then he comes running down the hill like he is a starving teenager and you just rang the dinner bell. Great job getting him to stop after he spooked and great shot (probably not exactly where you were aiming ;) but it got the job done.

Thanks for sharing!

IMO very limited experience bulls won't do that either, but what you don't see in the video is that I had been working on him for about 15 minutes. I thought the gig was up after he left that first piece of timber I had him in.

I like the rental car. Didnt want to pile the miles on yours?
Ill be putting a few thousand on my truck next week going to NM. But i dont think enterprise wants me bajaing theirs down a two track.

I like the rental car. Didnt want to pile the miles on yours?
Ill be putting a few thousand on my truck next week going to NM. But i dont think enterprise wants me bajaing theirs down a two track.

I flew out to Idaho so I rented a car. No way was I driving from MD. Last year's car was way worse. Dirty, reeking of B.O., campfire smoke, and rutting elk. They probably have an asterisk next to my name in their computer now, lol.

HAHA nice, enterprise hates me, their trucks usually come back full of mud and weeds.
one thing ive wondered is how did you ship your meat and head home?
just UPS freight it for a few hundred bucks? some carry on, some checked luggage?

Just watched the whole video, Wow you were very fortunate to pull that bull back, very well done, sometimes patience is a virtue, I couldn't be happier for you!

ElkNut/Paul

HAHA nice, enterprise hates me, their trucks usually come back full of mud and weeds.
one thing ive wondered is how did you ship your meat and head home?
just UPS freight it for a few hundred bucks? some carry on, some checked luggage?

I'm very fortunate that I have a good buddy in Twin Falls that has a large chest freezer. What I've done the last 2 years is I've gone to Walmart and bought 2 cheap coolers and a roll of duct tape. I freeze the meat overnight and then check it as extra baggage. I've brought back ~ 125lbs the last 2 years for extra baggage fees. I then have my buddy ship the cape and antlers to my taxidermist. I've left the other half of the meat with my hunting partners or my buddy.

Just watched the whole video, Wow you were very fortunate to pull that bull back, very well done, sometimes patience is a virtue, I couldn't be happier for you!

ElkNut/Paul

Thanks Paul. I agree, I figured once he left he wasn't coming back. Most of the calling sequence i left out for time's sake. I found your app to be quite helpful while practicing my calling this summer.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back