Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Idaho Curmudgeon Prices.

idnative1948

Just checked prices for my resident combo license and tags for this year and I do not feel bad getting a deal considering how many years I have been doing this.

Combo license $11.75
Elk $16.50
Deer $10.75
Bear $6.75
TOTAL $45.75

Will end up with an extra $49.75 in my pocket by not having to pay full price.

Larry, if you need a little help paying those ridiculous prices let me know and I can maybe send you a few bucks. For what a NR elk tag would cost me I can buy a medium sized feeder beef on the hoof.

Am I the only one who opened this thread because I wanted to figure out what Curmudgeon was??

Larry, if you need a little help paying those ridiculous prices let me know and I can maybe send you a few bucks. For what a NR elk tag would cost me I can buy a medium sized feeder beef on the hoof.

Thanks for the offer. I have been saving since season closed last year. With the extra money I am going to upgrade the underwear and snag some new black socks to wear with my flip flops for summer.

Thanks for the offer. I have been saving since season closed last year. With the extra money I am going to upgrade the underwear and snag some new black socks to wear with my flip flops for summer.

That's taking a pretty big fashion risk. Maybe you can scrape up enough for some plaid shorts and matching Hawaiian shirt to go with the socks. I prefer argyle with sandals.

Am I the only one who opened this thread because I wanted to figure out what Curmudgeon was??

Nope, same here for this "college student." Still had to google it.

Wait, so those are the prices if you buy them all together in the sportsmans package? I've always paid the $12 for license, $20 for deer, $30 for elk and the $11 for bear.

And yes, the NR prices in Idaho are RIDICULOUS. $2,100 for a trophy tag seems a little high to me. Is that about what other states charge?

Just bought my NR hunting/3 day fishing license for $154.75 + sent in a check for $2,101.75 for my mountain goat application. I'll get $2,087.00 of that back if I don't draw. $169.50 is nonrefundable. Right now I don't have any plans on even going to Idaho this year.

My dad has been enjoying those prices the past few years as well. Hard to beat for sure. The "trophy" fees do seem a bit steep for non ressy's but there are some great draw odds compared to other states, especially for moose.

The $18 archery permit still annoys me but I'm dealing with it.

Congrats on earning the Senior discount.

$2100 is a bargain for the best odds in the lower 48 states.

I hope to be $2k poorer this time next month.

I'll be hunting with my original hunting partner and 2-3 of my kids for general deer season down in unit 56 this fall. It's going to be a hoot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back