Idaho Considering Bonus Point System

Isn't there a big difference between a Pref point and a Bonus point ?

Depends on the system. Theoretically, a pure Pref Point system like CO (Elk, deer)simply gives the tags to those with the most points. Doesnt work well with very scarce resources. Bonus Points are like tossing an additional chance in the drawing for each point one has. Theorectically the more bonus points you have, the better chance you have. The point is that everyone still at least has a chance to draw the tags. Some states like WA and NV square the bonus points to further increase the # of chances one has per point. Some states are hybrids, WY for examply uses a system where by 75% of the tags are reserved for those with the most points but they seat aside the additional 25% for anyone to draw.

I know you know all this Moosie so now Im questing why I took the time to write it! :confused:

Last edited:
I'm on the fence..if I had any luck at all drawing Idaho's LE hunts in the past, I'd prolly be against it...But since I've been applying in Idaho longer than anywhere (I'm from ID originally) and have never pulled a tag, i say bring them on..hell, I've drawn 4 tags in CO on the "horrible" PP system, and a few in UT and NV along the way..

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back