MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Idaho Bull Moose Help

I don't think I have ever ran into anyone with dogs around the Wood River Valley. Where does he run?

Dang too bad i wasn't memeber earlier I have a buddy up there that owns land, he has huge bulls on his place.

Sad thing is those guys still only have a few posts...and no story of how they did unless they started a new thread. I blame Moosie for being too nice :rolleyes:

JW This post is a good example of why guys are hesitant to help a new guy out who is only asking questions and hasn't been contributing. Most of the time once they get what they want they will never be heard from again.

EM,

What are your deer plans this year? PM me if you want. We should meet for a beer soon, or a Frappe at McDonald's :hump: if you are aren't into the beer.

John, congratulations on drawing the tag. While I have not hunted the area you drew, I had the good fortune of drawing a tag in Unit 71-2 in 1998 when I lived in Boise. I also got to tag along on four other moose hunts in the same unit as all my buddies drew the tag after I had drawn it. If vacation time is limited, I would highly recommend you wait until the rut kicks in. Until then, the bulls tend to be extremely difficult to locate. Once the rut is on, they are much more visible and audible. I would suggest going the first week of October as I killed my bull on Oct. 5th, three of my four buddies killed their bulls on Oct. 5th and one on Oct. 4th. All of these bulls were rutting hard and came to the call. Most of the bulls were up in the high country cruising the timbered ridges looking for receptive cows. I wish you luck and hope to see some "hero" shots in a month or so.

elkrchr---His hunt was four years ago and after all the help people offered him he hasn't even been back on the thread since then to say thanks. He was a 2 year lurker alright!!! No wonder Cushman welcomes all these first time posters asking for help with the posts he puts up, LOL!

Mossyhorn,
When i first joined, I lurked too. I found so many stories far more exciting than my own, so many adventures summed up in small posts, and so many things I could learn from.

I'm in Arizona, never been to Idaho, but have heard amazing things about the state. I just want to say Welcome and good luck with everything. I guess I'm starting to figure out that you don't have to post a lot on here, but it's nice to take part in this community. Some people get tired of being asked "where do I go in Unit ##" and I can't blame them. But for every one of those, there's umpteen more "Welcome"s.

Have a great day and I hope your hunt goes well.
Matt

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back