Idaho Bear: 350 Pounds (and pictures)

JoseCuervo

of Grain, Corn, and Oats, plus 14 pacakges of Jell-O (Peach and Kiwi-Strawberry) plus 8 Liters of Grape and Raspberry Soda yielded this guy.

Here is the "Before" picture
bear_s2.sized.jpg

And here is the "After" picture
bear.jpg

Two things memorable about this bear. First, I didn't kill him, as I do not believe in killing bears, but it sure seems like everybody I go hunting bears with ends up killing something.

And secondly, he was killed about 7.00am, or so. He seemed to be a "morning bear", and that kind of blows a lot of the "rules" I knew about bears coming into bait.

He should be damn good eating, as he was "grained" for 30 days, just like a "butcher steer". I am not sure what the Jell-o and Soda Pop will add to the flavor...

biggrin.gif

Why, did it sound like I was ?!?!
confused.gif
wink.gif

HEY, Kudos to the guy that shot that bear after We baited it all season, I hope he bought you a steak dinner or two that selfish Bass-turd
biggrin.gif

(Chit, I probably owe ya one too !!!)

Nah... He didn't buy me a steak dinner. He knows I am a Vetrinarian, so I don't eat beef.
eek.gif

And I am not sure if I would take your Steak Dinner offer. I was thinking I should hit you up for a much fancier meal. Perhaps a "Leg of Lamb" or something....with Mint Jelly.
smile.gif

I am glad it worked out for him, as we have killed chit from Alaska to Wyoming, and a couple of places in between. Lots of funnier than hell stories, most of them with him swearing at my latest "brilliant" idea. He must not be too bright, as he keeps falling for these "brilliant" ideas of mine, at least for a while...
biggrin.gif
footinmouth.gif

Great looking bear and the wheelbarrow is a nice touch for the hike out with your trophy...LOL...Way to go!!!
biggrin.gif

Right on! That's a good lookin' bruin.

How long was he - nose to tail? That's something easy to measure in the field. He looks a bit longer than the rifle...

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-25-2003 00:50: Message edited by: mtnboy ]</font>

Nice bear.

Moosie, you don't think EG packed in 350# of grub for that cinnamon guy? And you were bragging about how much you'd packed all spring...
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Oak

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back