Idaho auction tag proposal-Comments Open

No, those are the max total of tags under the Governors program that can be given out in a particular year. The comments section is to agree or disagree with their recommendation to offer 1 of each of those up for auction, except for sheep.

Okay, in that case then their is presently one auction tag which is a sheep tag. The numbers you posted earlier are the number of tags the legislature approved for auction a couple years ago. Thus far the IDFG commission has not pursued auctioning the tags the legislature gave them authority to.

As long as someone doesn't apply to hunt south of 84 it may not affect them. Well except unit 45 deer and maybe a few others...

If they start auctioning tags who here thinks there will be more tags or less tags auctioned in 10, 20 years?

I'm all for a fee increase to keep additional auctions and points out of Idaho.

Exactly my thoughts. Just take a look south to Utah and see what happened with their auction tags....Fee increases for residents to keep points and auction tags at bay= a very fair price to pay.

Hopefully, we're smart enough to maintain about 10 tags if they enact the new auctions - that's what I'm on board for. The Utah tag numbers are just dumb - started with one in 1981, then blew up to 300+ ever since '02. Somebody really decided to sell-out in the early 90s. Not sure if this link will work:

http://www.skinnymoose.com/bbb/files/2012/02/IWG-ACFGL-Utah-Cons-Permit-2page-handout-1-2012-1.pdf

Precisely why I don't think we should get the ball rolling.

Has anyone looked at contesting auction tags under the laws that banned market hunting? It seems as though the are selling wildlife to the hardest bidder? I don't know that I have seen it posted here and I have done zero research on this possibility, hence the question. If it has been pursued and lost that is unfortunate for us citizen hunters. If it hasn't, maybe there's s chance.

the f&g still has to answer to the public, at least partially"

That is true, however apparently some of our tag hungry legislators have decided to take the public and the F&G out of the management equation. Yet again Senator Bair and Representative Moyle have teamed up to introduce a bill that mandates through law the issuance of 3 deer, elk and antelope tags and 1 moose, goat and sheep tag. They don't want people or F&G to have any say in the matter.
Go to the Idaho Legislature Website look at the current bills and check out S1236.

Interesting. I guess it's time to send some feedback to our elected officials (again).

I sent my emails.

I think the next SB we'll see this year is to mandate preference points.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back