Idaho 2nd to last day buck pics Unit 40

Wally Dog

After passing on many bucks...a couple larger than thisun, I lowered the boom on this guy. Regretably I was by myself and nobody else could witness the very long shot that anchored this guy in his tracks. I was holding out for a whopper buck but settled for his son.
WD

Moosie

Grand poopa
the first Picture Shows it Without it's LEGS !!!! NO Wonder you got it

Kudos on a Unit 40 BUCK !!!!

Wally Dog

Moosie, that's what happens when you drag them at 35 MPH behind a 4 wheeler thru the sagebrush.

Hghcountry

Nice buck Wally!! I too had the unit 40 tag. I didnt find the buck of my dreams until saturday, on private property
. I was on my way out and saw him across a fence I was walking along. I watched him for almost an hour He was pushin 30 inches and had some trash on both sides. He was with 6 does, and almost 500 yards away, so all I could do was watch until it got dark. I passed some very nice bucks over the last two weeks, and had a ten mile walk out one night when my truck thought it was a snowmobile. Once again congrats on a good buck.

-Hghcountry

JoseCuervo

WallyDog,

Helluva a nice Buck, and to me, the Unit 40 tag is much better than a Unit 45 tag. That is the Holy Grail of Deer tags to me. I have had the Unit 40 Antelope tag a time or two, and killed some forked horn mulies and does, and on those hunts, I have witnessed some MONSTER bucks.

And I won't even bring up my feelings on ATV's in Unit 40....

Congrats again...

Muledeer4me

Wally Dog,Way to go on the nice buck.
I sure would like to draw another tag in unit 40,I love it out there.
Next time you need help bringing out a deer give me a call,I love pulling those big old buck's through the dirt with my ATV

Wally Dog

MD4M,
He pulled kinda hard til I knocked off his front legs! I only had a Kawasaki 300.
Thanks for the kind words.
WD