Idaho 27-1 Sheep

Thanks for sharing did you have a video on YouTube of this hunt ? Congratulations. Is this your first sheep?

Worth the wait. Congratulations…that’s a great ram, not all are 200” Hell’s Canyon rams!

Great photos and looks like you are young enough that you will really appreciate them in 20-30 years.

Nice work helping out all the ungulates by taking out that wolf!

Thanks for sharing did you have a video on YouTube of this hunt ? Congratulations. Is this your first sheep?
No I didn't get a video if we would have had more time I probably would have set my phone up on the spotter. But things happened pretty fast after I got set up. And yeah it was my first sheep

No I didn't get a video if we would have had more time I probably would have set my phone up on the spotter. But things happened pretty fast after I got set up. And yeah it was my first sheep
Thanks for sharing. And well written!

Congrats on the ram and the adventure with your father and brother. Awesome.
That country in inspiring and also humbling. Thanks for sharing your story.

I like it when people report back in their hunts do here you guys have it! All in all I spent 15 days back in the Frank chasing rams, this ram was the first nice ram that I saw and he ended up being in a band with 9 rams. First trip in I flew out of the frank with a nice bear to show for our efforts but only saw ewes and small rams, second trip back in the frank we relocated and found the rams on day 4 of that trip. We put the sneak on them, shot this guy at 400 yards right at sunset and then got cliffed out on the pack out. After a rough night on the mountain we finally got back to camp and had been in the cliffs for just over 29 hours, we had gained over 4K feet from base Camp and had gone over 9 miles! What a hunt, not for the faint of heart but with grit and determination we were able to pull this awesome ram off the mountain diy unguided! Ram ended up scoring right between 165-170.IMG_7880.jpegIMG_2578.jpeg
IMG_2668.jpeg

I like it when people report back in their hunts do here you guys have it! All in all I spent 15 days back in the Frank chasing rams, this ram was the first nice ram that I saw and he ended up being in a band with 9 rams. First trip in I flew out of the frank with a nice bear to show for our efforts but only saw ewes and small rams, second trip back in the frank we relocated and found the rams on day 4 of that trip. We put the sneak on them, shot this guy at 400 yards right at sunset and then got cliffed out on the pack out. After a rough night on the mountain we finally got back to camp and had been in the cliffs for just over 29 hours, we had gained over 4K feet from base Camp and had gone over 9 miles! What a hunt, not for the faint of heart but with grit and determination we were able to pull this awesome ram off the mountain diy unguided! Ram ended up scoring right between 165-170.View attachment 297542View attachment 297543
View attachment 297541
Nice ram gavindibb!
Looks like that old boy was rubbing his horns in the burn.
That gives him some unique character.
For sure an adventure you won't forget.
Well done and thanks for posting.

Back