ID Spring Bear Reduced Price Tag Question

trb

Hi all,

Quick annoying question for you folks more familiar with Idaho's system. I am a CO resident hunting ID for the first time this year. Usually I go straight to the source for these types of questions, but I have gotten three different contradictory answers from IDFG and a local tag vendor. I also have sent two emails to IDFG and haven't heard back.

If I wanted to purchase a ID hunting license and a specifically the reduced price spring bear tag, do I have to do that within the Jan 15- Feb 15 window? Or is that window only for the "controlled hunts"? Just wondering if I need to do it now, or if I can do it online in May, or even pick it up OTC-style at any vendor on my drive up there in late May. To head off any potential warnings about the reduced price tags, I have a plan, and I am sticking to it. I just wanted to be 100% sure I don't screw it all up because of a misinterpretation of the regs posted below.

1611250647577.png

Good luck. We need more guys killing bears on those units.

Reactions: trb
Good luck. We need more guys killing bears on those units.
Thanks, I am really looking forward to the trip. I am an elementary school teacher and I'm leaving CO the day after my school gets out for the summer. My ideal decompression from a hellacious school year.

Back