ID F&G's Proposal to Restrict Hunting from ATVs

MD4M, I'm not thinking of the ATV riders who are staying on the roads. I was thinking of the ones riding cross country, where there are no trails or roads. Since they are not hunting, there is nothing that says they can't do that. That is what I think would be rude, when they know damn well it is hunting season. Seems like they could at least do their riding in the middle of the day when they are least likely to affect somebody's hunting.

WH, the "rude" riders your talking about, are illegal riders were I hunt. Where I hunt you have to stay on existing roads, gated or not, some gates allow ATV traffic, and some don't (know your gates).

I carry a pistol when I'm riding, and I'll carry one when I'm "retreiving" my game. How is that going to work out with this restriction?

I laugh at this because a person can have a license, tag, and gun, but not be hunting.

Ten, what you'll see is a law similar to those involving spot-lighting. If you possess a means of take while operating a spotlight, you're going to get a fine. It doesnt matter if you were and werent doing anything illegal.

They'll pass the same type of law for retrieval if people abuse or test the law.

Ten, You think they'll allow people retrieving game to have any kinda firearm with them and believe they don't intend to use it? Sorry, you're going to have to leave that pistol home. No excuses like "What if I get attacked by a wolf?".

Back