Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

ID Big 3 regs

Maybe the odds being printed in the regs will make more people considering a OIL hunt pass and put in for deer, elk, etc. instead. One can hope right??

So true.

The draws have been friendly in the past. I'd love to be able to hunt the Crags one more time with my son once his schedule settles down.

When I draw the Idaho lottery tag this year, I'll have to do some studying on where to go.

I havn't visited the Borah herd for about 21 years.
I know a guy that helped a guy ;) get a sheep out of that herd. He was quite impressed with the numbers and size of sheep they saw last year.

Maybe the odds being printed in the regs will make more people considering a OIL hunt pass and put in for deer, elk, etc. instead. One can hope right??

I would think anyone serious enough to put in for those OIL's did their research and knows their odds already...but you might be right...deep pockets on some of those folks I'm sure, not like us average joe's.

Not sure how the NR allocation works for the big triple. Do they only aloocate a maximum of 10% of the total sheep tags for NR's?

Once In a Lifetime tag = OIL. Shorthand for a tag for a species you can only draw once in that state or sometimes is used for a tag for a species in that state which you can only harvest once.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back