I think it’ll work

I don’t think that changing the seating depth at the range would create such a big issue but could be wrong. If your brass has consistent neck tension and you seat them a little deeper after initial seating it wouldn’t change neck tension. Also after 1 week of sitting your loads most likely would not have bullet weld yet.

Your test of new and fired brass at 3.340 should show what’s happening.

Do you have any 4831? I’d try a load with that also. It works very well in the 270Win.
I DID have 4831, but found someone who needed it more before I started this.

I’m trying to simplify things and utilize what I have on hand, and have gotten good performance out of the 4350 burn speed (RL17, I4350,etc) in other 270s in the past. And this barrel has been good with 140s and I4350, RL17, and RL19 so far.

Unfortunately, I only have I4350 and H4350 on hand right now, and very few 140gr bullets, but a sufficient current stock of 130s.

I DID have 4831, but found someone who needed it more before I started this.

I’m trying to simplify things and utilize what I have on hand, and have gotten good performance out of the 4350 burn speed (RL17, I4350,etc) in other 270s in the past. And this barrel has been good with 140s and I4350, RL17, and RL19 so far.

Unfortunately, I only have I4350 and H4350 on hand right now, and very few 140gr bullets, but a sufficient current stock of 130s.
Gotcha. Seems like you have a solid rifle and just need to find the right combo. What primer are you using?

Gotcha. Seems like you have a solid rifle and just need to find the right combo. What primer are you using?
Fed 210 on test loads, but I have a brick of CCI 200s that I could use if needed. Was just planning on saving the CCIs for the loads that I already have developed for other rifles. The Fed 210s were available for a good price right at the beginning of the panic, so I picked them up. I thought that I’d develop loads for this 270 with them

Fed 210 on test loads, but I have a brick of CCI 200s that I could use if needed. Was just planning on saving the CCIs for the loads that I already have developed for other rifles. The Fed 210s were available for a good price right at the beginning of the panic, so I picked them up. I thought that I’d develop loads for this 270 with them
The 210s are a great primer. Once you load your next test and shoot it report back on the results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back