MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

I need to hunt smarter!

devon deer

The 2 stags appeared late afternoon, when I spotted them they were too far, then they disappeared, cursing I returned to ‘my spot’ and waited, I couldn’t believe it when one appeared on the horizon making his way back, he got to around 100 yards, was about to walk into the woods, I stopped him with a ‘bark’ he kicked his legs out when shot so I knew it was good, but he ran into the woods, all bog and stream.
I was about to walk in when the other stag came to see where his friend was, he followed the same track, into the wood, then made a swift exit and stopped broadside (I guess he saw his friend dead), my finger twitched but I knew what a nightmare extraction I had ahead of me!
Yep, the worst extraction I have ever had, on my own (farmer rang to offer help but he is even older than me so I declined) 1/2 an hour getting out of the bog/wood, then the water logged fields and the trolley would sink down to it’s axles, I did lose my temper a couple of times and the air was blue!
1 1/2 hours later I got it loaded onto my truck, 200lb dead weight and my back arms are aching today.
So, no more, I am going to buy a portable winch, hunt smarter!

Cheers

Richard
20210206_095524.jpg

20210206_102827.jpg

IMG-20210206-WA0000.jpeg

That will keep you fit, Richard. What about more suitable wheels / tyres on the trolley for off road?

That will keep you fit, Richard. What about more suitable wheels / tyres on the trolley for off road?
TBH first time I've really had issues, horrible clay type soil.
I agree it helps with fitness, but 60 last year, my father had his first heart attack at 63, but then again he did love his bread and dripping sandwiches 😂
Cheers
Richard

Very nice! Any way to find tires with more of a balloon shape to them like on a wheelbarrow so they can float more instead of sinking? Oops, guess that's already been asked. Perhaps you should find an apprentice to teach and use for "muscle"!

Look what arrived in the post!
It wasn't cheap, one of the few things I had to run past my wife first before I ordered it, but she agreed if it saved my back (or heart!) from damage it would be worth it.
Just need to find a big red stag in a difficult place to extract it from!
Cheers
Richard
IMG-20210210-WA0002.jpeg

The problem is anchoring it. Better practice some before heading into the field.

Guess I would have cut that stag in half at the third rib from back. Cart would have handled much better. Doesn't affect the taste.

Look what arrived in the post!
It wasn't cheap, one of the few things I had to run past my wife first before I ordered it, but she agreed if it saved my back (or heart!) from damage it would be worth it.
Just need to find a big red stag in a difficult place to extract it from!
Cheers
Richard
View attachment 173673
Those are fun. I've used them to pull on trees when cutting them. Should be very handy for deer too!

The problem is anchoring it. Better practice some before heading into the field.

Guess I would have cut that stag in half at the third rib from back. Cart would have handled much better. Doesn't affect the taste.
No can do I'm afraid, it's going into the game dealer then on into the food chain, breaks our rules and regs if we cut up in the field.

EDIT: no problem anchoring it plenty of trees/posts around where I live.

Cheers
Richard

Those are a great product. I don't know what you have for gasoline over there but make sure you use a good fuel stabilizer and no ethanol. It's worth buying canned fuel of a higher quality than pump fuel in these small engines that are only used occasionally

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntND90
Back