I miss fishing season...

smalls

Can't wait for the hard water so I can start getting some more eater walleye like these!

DSCF0027.jpg

SMalls I might have to have you send some of those walleyes down here, I love them and so does April.
I get to fish any time of the year

Delw

I can't quite fish year round...we have to wait for the ice to get thick enough to icefish in the fall then for it to melt in the spring.

If I could ship it refrigerated, I would certainly share some with you Del... the best eating fish IMO, though, is crappie and bluegill caught under the ice. Now that is incredible!

Really crappie is better under the ice than a walleye? WOW april wont eat any freshwater fish, until I brought home a few walleye that I had caught during a bass tourny.
They were Fantastic

Delw

No kidding. To me, all fish tastes better out of cold water. Bluegill, crappie, and perch all eat better than walleye (which is still excellent). I can relate to April, I don't eat saltwater fish, in fact I won't eat fish I don't catch.

Man, That must be brutal Fishing, Putting snow chains on the boat trailer, chopping a hole big enough to launch the boat, then cutting a path out to you fishing spot. I think you need to come down to Louisiana and we'll go out on my boat in January and catch some Crappy. PS: Don't forget the bug spray and sunscreen.

D-stud, that's how the amateurs do it, we usually just drill a 1" hole about 10" deep in the ice and put a stick of dynamite in. The blast will shatter ice over several acres (see the movie "Armegeddon" for an explanation of why you drill the hole for the dynamite and not just setting it off on top the ice). We then hang armor over the front of our boats, it's rumored thats where the director got many of his ideas for vehicles in "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome". We just push the ice out of the way with the boats. The only crappy part is thtat you can only fish right behind the boat. We're trying to figure out a way to runner planer boards, but we haven't figured that out yet :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360inthe406
Back