Caribou Gear

I miss baseball. ⚾️

geetar

This pandemic has me missing baseball this spring and I was watching some old games that replayed on Fox Sports today and it got me to thinking I should start a thread. Share your favorite pics you’ve taken at games, highlight clips from YouTube, great baseball events you remember seeing, ect.

Rangers vs Oakland A’s in Arlington. 2017. Joey Gallo hit 3 homers that night.

Attachments

• BB787517-8027-4D77-B817-12C1E945ED53.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 3
For me, baseball has represented the end of winter and a new beginning. Warmer weather, longer days, cook outs, and summer fun. This year is totally different and it doesn't really seem like spring. It will be nice when all this is over and we can return to normal. I miss the anticipation of walking into the stadium and seeing the immaculate green grass and its sharp contrast to the rust colored dirt, the smell of the stadium food, the low rumble of fans erupting into a loud cheer when something exciting happens, the crack of the wood bats meeting the ball, and just relaxing in the seats on a beautiful summer night enjoying the game I love.

opening day 2019.JPGroyals 2019.JPG

I'm another baseball fan missing that it isn't part of our life for now.

I don't have any photos but many memories of great players I've watched in person over the years.

Off the top of my head,,, Hank Aaron, Nolan Ryan, Carl Yastrzemski, Ron Guidry, Reggie Jackson, Brooks Robinson, George Brett, Tony Oliva, Rod Carew, Omar Vizquel, Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Harmon Killebrew, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Rocky Colavito, Elston Howard, Jim Rice, and many others.

For a time after first graduating from college, I lived in the Twin cities. The Twins were terrible at the time, but I'd still go often, to see great players on the visiting teams. The first game I ever saw was the Tigers vs the Yankees in 1963 or 1964.

Not the majors, but my we enjoy going to a Bees game when in Salt Lake. Can't believe its been 5 years since we last went.

I was thinking the other day about not seeing baseball. It's almost May!

My family is missing it too. My wife and I are in the process of going to all the MLB stadiums. We usually go to 1 or 2 per summer. We were considering going to see the Rockies host the Indians (we live 1.5 hours from Cleveland) in September, but our plans are a bit up in the air right now. I know in the grand scheme of things, baseball isn't at the top of the list, but I'm looking forward to returning it as a return to a little bit of normalcy.

I'm another baseball fan missing that it isn't part of our life for now.

I don't have any photos but many memories of great players I've watched in person over the years.

Off the top of my head,,, Hank Aaron, Nolan Ryan, Carl Yastrzemski, Ron Guidry, Reggie Jackson, Brooks Robinson, George Brett, Tony Oliva, Rod Carew, Omar Vizquel, Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Harmon Killebrew, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Rocky Colavito, Elston Howard, Jim Rice, and many others.

For a time after first graduating from college, I lived in the Twin cities. The Twins were terrible at the time, but I'd still go often, to see great players on the visiting teams. The first game I ever saw was the Tigers vs the Yankees in 1963 or 1964.
You have seen an incredible list of players in your time. I live in NC and could care less about the Panthers but I plan to go see Brady as a Buccaneer when they play this year so I understand your logic of going to just see good players.

You have seen an incredible list of players in your time. I live in NC and could care less about the Panthers but I plan to go see Brady as a Buccaneer when they play this year so I understand your logic of going to just see good players.

That was always my attitude. I got to see Nolan Ryan mow thru the Twins one night in box seats close to home plate. The Twins drew so poorly, that a friend and I would buy left field bleacher seats for a few dollars. We'd watch the first inning there, then go get a beer and a brat,, then go seat shopping behind home plate. There were always many empty box seats. That worked until the Twins got more diligent about checking if your tickets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back