I miss baseball. ⚾️

I'm not a big MLB baseball fan, but when I drive through town and see all the empty little league fields it makes my heart heavy to not see the kids out there.

I have many years of happy little league memories with my son and daughter from years past, and I always smile when I drive by a field and see the games being played. Very sad to not see that this year....

I was able to attend the College World Series in 2005 at the old Rosenblatt Stadium. For those who love baseball, it’s a must.
Agreed. I traveled to the CWS for years then moved to Omaha for work. It is the real deal for those that love baseball and college football. Both atmospheres combined. Honestly, I took it hard when it was cancelled. I come from Arkansas and was a season ticket holder before moving to Omaha. It has been nice to see the team make it here and I was counting on it this year. If anyone is interested in going to the CWS in future year send a PM. I'd be happy to help.

I'm missing watching my boys and their friends play more than I am MLB. The baseball field is a cornerstone of my hometown. Very much looking forward to getting back to watching games there.

Same! I sure the Royal’s will be terrible, but I enjoy watching them.
I hear ya there I love the royals I had tickets to the first home game this year and had accepted they were going to suck again then along came covid

I hear ya there I love the royals I had tickets to the first home game this year and had accepted they were going to suck again then along came covid

Well, here we are at the end of April and they are tied for first place.;)

Rumblings in Mississippi about youth baseball tournaments being played in late May. I sure hope so. We have around 250 Rona deaths statewide, but zero below age 30.

My family and I are big Dodgers fans. We try to visit as many stadiums as we can. I'd even watch a Giants game now :)
There was a Giants v Dodgers game on yesterday and being a Giants fan it felt great to hear Kruk & Kuip in the background while I was doing chores. Wasn't really against watching the Dodgers either :)

Rumblings in Mississippi about youth baseball tournaments being played in late May. I sure hope so. We have around 250 Rona deaths statewide, but zero below age 30.
We got a text from our Little League here in CA that they're going to try and start in June. Probably too late for us. We're typically not around on weekends in the summer.

I can relate as after our 2nd double header after coming off our third seasonal cramping ship they shut us down. This was the start of my 12th Season here on our men’s team and 4th year umpiring on nights off. We have a 18 game spring and 18 game fall season per team with a co-Ed lapping over for extra nights pls. Together we are down to 11 teams with two travel teams before the COVID 19 issues.
ling story as no one would thing we are as serious about ball in The Middle East but that iswhat keep us Expateraites sane. Than and brewing our own beer and bourbon. Most better about anything off the shelf.
I set up a cage in the back and have a ball with a hole drilled through it to at least break in my bats and keep the proper hip rotation for muscle memory. But this sucks.

As of right now, we can restart baseball practicing on 5/24. In an effort to get ready, the boys and I have been doing a kettlebell workout followed by a trip to the park for some throwing, fielding, and T work. As Bruce Buffer would say, "IT's TIME!".

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back