I made some sneaky shoes.

Very sharp looking.
Would a crepe rubber sole work, glued on the bottom then stitched down too ?

Very sharp looking.
Would a crepe rubber sole work, glued on the bottom then stitched down too ?
It would definitely add durability, but I think it would make them too loud. I swear those muleys can hear a mouse fart from a hundred yards.

How'd you even sketch out the form cutting the leather? That's what would get me, I'd end up with like 2 mittens when it was all said and done haha
I put on an old sock and wrapped it with duct tape. Traced around the sole, drew a center line and cut a slit down the back.

As a still hunter and lover of the mountain man era. Mocs are normal footwear. I find elk hide works good for mocs.

6 I agree that the shoes you made look very cool, and you did a good job. You could be a good shoe designer, you definitely have a talent for it. Just very curious if you will feel every rock, every puddle, every pit. I would still not dare to go hiking or play sports in such shoes, because it is quite unsafe. I had to choose best nursing tennis shoes, they are really comfortable, I spend a lot of time standing. Sometimes I play tennis with friends and good shoes are the best thing I can do for my feet. Comfy shoes are really important for everything you do, and now they can look good to.

Last edited:
Those are pretty neat! I normally just slip on a pair of cheap thick wool socks over my boots...
These are a lot more quiet than slipping a sock over a boot. Allows for more range of motion too. I dont get any of the sock rolling on steep inclines either. I tested them out on some near vertical granite and they grabbed on like goat hooves.

This was definitely not a StaySharp tutorial but good looking mocs.
That's obvious. Otherwise there would be 12 pages of StaySharp telling us how he raised the cow for the leather, how he tanned it using his homemade tanning tools, how he made the needle to use the thread which he also made by hand after growing the cotton to make it. :rolleyes:

These are a lot more quiet than slipping a sock over a boot. Allows for more range of motion too. I dont get any of the sock rolling on steep inclines either. I tested them out on some near vertical granite and they grabbed on like goat hooves.

I'm sure it is, you also probably don't have to throw them out when they get full of burrs...

neat idea. a small tutorial and pattern sketches would be great if you ever make another pair.

Wow. These sneaky shoes look really cool. The suede looks nice here. The design of these shoes definitely fits. I would also love to hear about them in action. Have you ever been out hunting in one of these? What was the temperature like at the time? Can such boots at least somewhat protect your foot from being pierced by thorns from various plants, such as acacia trees? I'm wrong here, though. Acacia plants are so hard and sharp that rubber-soled sneakers can easily be punctured. In this case, you should avoid such an area in such shoes. I usually buy boots and sneakers at forstepstyle. However, I couldn't find anything like that at forstepstyle.com. Can you tell me where I can find such sneakers? I'm not very good at making such things, so it would be easier for me to buy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back