I made some sneaky shoes.

wytex

Very sharp looking.
Would a crepe rubber sole work, glued on the bottom then stitched down too ?

p_ham

Very sharp looking.
Would a crepe rubber sole work, glued on the bottom then stitched down too ?
It would definitely add durability, but I think it would make them too loud. I swear those muleys can hear a mouse fart from a hundred yards.

p_ham

How'd you even sketch out the form cutting the leather? That's what would get me, I'd end up with like 2 mittens when it was all said and done haha
I put on an old sock and wrapped it with duct tape. Traced around the sole, drew a center line and cut a slit down the back.

ElkStalker

As a still hunter and lover of the mountain man era. Mocs are normal footwear. I find elk hide works good for mocs.

SamFLS

6 I agree that the shoes you made look very cool, and you did a good job. You could be a good shoe designer, you definitely have a talent for it. Just very curious if you will feel every rock, every puddle, every pit. I would still not dare to go hiking or play sports in such shoes, because it is quite unsafe. I had to choose best nursing tennis shoes, they are really comfortable, I spend a lot of time standing. Sometimes I play tennis with friends and good shoes are the best thing I can do for my feet. Comfy shoes are really important for everything you do, and now they can look good to.

Last edited:

p_ham

p_ham

Those are pretty neat! I normally just slip on a pair of cheap thick wool socks over my boots...
These are a lot more quiet than slipping a sock over a boot. Allows for more range of motion too. I dont get any of the sock rolling on steep inclines either. I tested them out on some near vertical granite and they grabbed on like goat hooves.

Gr8bawana

This was definitely not a StaySharp tutorial but good looking mocs.
That's obvious. Otherwise there would be 12 pages of StaySharp telling us how he raised the cow for the leather, how he tanned it using his homemade tanning tools, how he made the needle to use the thread which he also made by hand after growing the cotton to make it. :rolleyes:

SaskHunter

These are a lot more quiet than slipping a sock over a boot. Allows for more range of motion too. I dont get any of the sock rolling on steep inclines either. I tested them out on some near vertical granite and they grabbed on like goat hooves.

I'm sure it is, you also probably don't have to throw them out when they get full of burrs...

AMK Sportsman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase0029