Caribou Gear Tarp

I killed a delicious elk yesterday!

So let's hear a couple of guesses on score..... assuming he wasn't broken off.

I will tell you that the guess we had before I pulled the trigger was wrong..........

Congrats, Dan. You seem to have a knack for finding massive old bulls. Another great one for you. Nice double.

Great bull, congrats.

Bummer he was busted, I'd bet he'd have been close to 340 intact.

Congrats on the double, but man that makes for lots of work. How far was the pack out?

I'll agree with Randy, somewhere around 340?

I am rather sore today from loading/pulling/pushing those two into the back of his shortbed truck....with a topper! I hiked 4 miles today and it felt like 20, but I definitely am still in debt after he helped me get my goat off the mountain!

There were a couple of other bulls in the area when I shot this one...... the closes was a nice cookie cutter 290-300 bull but mine was noticeably bigger. I kept the crosshairs on him and asked Ben ( elkoholic72) to make sure there wasn't a bigger one. We guessed this bull at 320 on the hoof and were pretty confident with that guess once he hit the ground. But with a 51" main on the good side, solid tine length and actually deceivingly heavy mass numbers he would have hit right at about 340 if intact. more than big enough for me! ;!)

Last edited:
Wow! I was way off. Sorry wasn't trying to down size your bull. It's so hard to judge a pic.
Someone who knows their way around a camera can easily add 50 inches to a pic just by a little PFM.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back