Yeti GOBOX Collection

I just received my pre-owned 1990-vintage Mossberg 500A1 via Internet order today but some bad news!

I'm sure it would be worth getting a lawyer involved for a $300 shotgun. If you are lucky he'll tell you to take him to small claims, if not it will cost you a couple hundred bucks min.

Call Dewy, Cheatem, and Howe. They specialize in eBay fraud.

Take an air chisel to that thing. That will get that out of the chamber. Use a black sharpie on the scuff marks and call it good.

It's a cheap piece of shit right out of the factory so you shouldn't be out much. I'm thinking the postage for shipping must have been more than the purchase price of a used birch stock Mossberg 500. Buy another aftermarket or used barrel. Should be tons of them on line. Use a magic marker to clean up the scratches.

Edit: I see now on page two OP paid $450 for that canoe paddle. Even if the barrel wasn't buggered, I don't see how that vendor can look himself in the mirror. Shameless! W.C. Field's famous quote comes to mind ...

Last edited:
I'm sure it would be worth getting a lawyer involved for a $300 shotgun. If you are lucky he'll tell you to take him to small claims, if not it will cost you a couple hundred bucks min.

Call Dewy, Cheatem, and Howe. They specialize in eBay fraud.
I think I. Fleeceum joined the legal team recently. He specializes in all types of firearms litigation including crappy millennial engraving. I’d ask for him op.

Well he ain't wrong there 🤷
Yep. I have an interesting story of one of these. My dad bought one for me to use as a teenager. Took it duck hunting one day and the action blew apart. Determined on the first shot the soldering on the barrel ring failed causing the barrel to move slightly forward when I pumped it. The second shot it self destructed. Luckily nobody was injured. Just powder burns.
Terrific should cut his losses. Take a sludge hammer to it and put it out of its misery.

Yep. I have an interesting story of one of these. My dad bought one for me to use as a teenager. Took it duck hunting one day and the action blew apart. Determined on the first shot the soldering on the barrel ring failed causing the barrel to move slightly forward when I pumped it. The second shot it self destructed. Luckily nobody was injured. Just powder burns.
Terrific should cut his losses. Take a sludge hammer to it and put it out of its misery.
Funny you should mention that. One of my brothers buddies had a similar incident. Still has scars on his arm and under his neck from when it blew apart. You couldn' give me a mossberg.

Ha Ha, "Sludge Hammer", I see what you did there.

Funny you should mention that. One of my brothers buddies had a similar incident. Still has scars on his arm and under his neck from when it blew apart. You couldn' give me a mossberg.
I don’t own one, but the Mossberg 835 is one of the best patterning turkey guns you can shoot. Of course it will kill on both ends and rattle like a can of spray paint, but it will shoot.

The story of this Mossberg has aged like a fine wine
It was the 1990-quality trademark style and stamping, not produced by punky geeky millennials, along with deep blue finish and checkered wood stock that hooked me on this gun like a hungry King salmon to a Pink Lady lure. Even if I had bought this gun at a pawn shop, I probably would have missed the choke tube in the wrong place at inspection but i certainly would not have missed that scratch. My naked eyes have a much broader field of view than James Mitchell's camera. I've looked at current-production Mossbergs already and don't like them for cosmetics.

It was the 1990-quality trademark style and stamping, not produced by punky geeky millennials, along with deep blue finish and checkered wood stock that hooked me on this gun like a hungry King salmon to a Pink Lady lure. Even if I had bought this gun at a pawn shop, I probably would have missed the choke tube in the wrong place at inspection but i certainly would not have missed that scratch. My naked eyes have a much broader field of view than James Mitchell's camera. I've looked at current-production Mossbergs already and don't like them for cosmetics.
Mine was a 1986. It was garbage

Back