I have no words for this one,

MarvB- If you noticed, I said I would argue with him on issues, disagree with issues, etc. I would also stand behind him if he were to pick an issue he truly believes. He may be for legalizing marijuana (which is already legal in Montana for medicinal use). I would stand behind his right to believe that. If he believed war was the only way to go...I would stand behind his right to believe that. As for hunting and fishing, which I really like to do. If he chooses to not hunt and fish, I will not force him into anything. If he loves little animals and protests me hunting, so be it. I won't force him to have the same ideals as me. I would hope that I can teach the value of hunting and fishing and he will learn to love it as I do.

A-con quote: "I highly suggest you enroll in two more collage classes. Debate, because you lost this one badly, and Reality 101."

You may want to proofread as well as spell check..."collage" is not the word you want to use. However, you made an effort and honestly I appreciate that. Thank You.

As to debate classes, I have taken some in the past. As to losing this debate, I don't think so. The first amendment does apply if you follow my link; go to the part about demonstrations in public forums, it covers it quite well. They are all Supreme court cases and what their ramifications are.

MATTK & EG, schooled, I don't think so. Neither of you has shown that "right to protest" in a manner other then peaceful. If the riotous behavior involved the destruction of public or private property it was not peaceful.

EG, here's a clue for you, I used Idaho's law as am example. It has not bearing in WASHINGTON. It was only an example. :rolleyes: I will say that if that same behavior had taken place on the campus in Coeur d' Alene, I would expect a few of those pictured would have been expelled.

Oh,and if being the "winner" here is so important, you defintitely can be the "whinner". :D

Matt I did read that you might argue with them on their choices but, maybe its just semantics or maybe (not knowing how old you are) it a generational thing but I evidently look at the term “standing behind” my children differently than you. I agree whole heartedly with you that their “beliefs” in the form of “rights” should be protected, but when it comes to me standing “behind” their decision making? …I’m a little more old school and, like most the generation before me, would like only be “standing behind” those poor decisions long enough to plant a boot in their ass! But, enough said on this side bar……

TB- You have not proven it was riotous behavior (Even if I Use your definitions)! There have been many protests in Idaho and I would think some got to be a lot more rowdy than this one. Still not considered a riot! Again, Nice Try!

MattK ,
You need to e-mail Elkgunner and see if she has an extra seat in the volvo for the next anti-America rally in S.F. , it's all about you .

Fairchaseben- I really like the fact that someone talks about an anti-american rally. Hell, I think this thread is the rally and I'm against it. I always thought America was founded on freedoms and individual rights. Really that's what this is all about. The last I heard that was the "real" reason we went to Iraq since there were no WMDs. It is all about "FREEDOM".

I was actually thinking about getting most of my teeth pulled, painting my pick up as the general lee, getting a labotomy, putting a George W. Bush sticker on my bumper, start waving an American flag and e-mailing you to go to a monster truck rally.

does any one remember kent state in about 1968?{ not sure of year} but i do remember what happened. we don't need a repeat of that. :(

MattK said:
Fairchaseben- I really like the fact that someone talks about an anti-american rally. Hell, I think this thread is the rally and I'm against it. I always thought America was founded on freedoms and individual rights. Really that's what this is all about. The last I heard that was the "real" reason we went to Iraq since there were no WMDs. It is all about "FREEDOM".

I was actually thinking about getting most of my teeth pulled, painting my pick up as the general lee, getting a labotomy, putting a George W. Bush sticker on my bumper, start waving an American flag and e-mailing you to go to a monster truck rally.

LMAO...... And if you really want FairHasBeen to feel at home, make sure you disable the FM radio and the CD player in the pick-up, as he only listens to AM..... :eek:

I agree it is about freedom but just like a true blue liberal you only like freedom when everyone agrees with you. Your discussion of waving the flag is pretty funny. It also shows you are only tolerant of those who agree with you and that you hate for others to have the freedom to say they disagree with these students. I have stated many times that I agree with their right to voice their opinion but I have a right to say it is total BS because they are shooting the messenger.
So according to your ideals of America a person can only have brains and think for themselves if they are a liberal democrat. That is some kind of freedom you advocate.

Nemont

Nemont- I was responding to fairchaseben. It was directed at his comment only. I too only agree with the students right to demonstrate. I disagree with the students view but I disagree with a lot of opinions. Everyone has the right to voice their opinions and I won't stop or try to stop that. When someone states the students should be expelled for doing something they have a right to do, I have a problem with that. When someone wants to take away a legal right of this country. I have a problem with that. I'm not disagreeing with anyones right to say the students need to be expelled, I'm disagreeing that the students need to be expelled for doing something that is legal. I really hope you can tell the difference.

Again, if there was an anti-war rally, I wouldn't be there. I believe it sends the wrong message to the troops. If there were an anti-Bush rally, I would be more inclined to go. I still wouldn't go but I would be more inclined to. (To be honest I would rather be fishing, hunting or spending time with my family in my spare time than going to rallies.)

As to your comment about people only having brains if they agree with me. Wrong, you disagree with me and I still think you have brains.

It's too late to change now Matt ,
Once you've had your balls cut off and your spine removed you're stuck holding hands with EG and skipping through the daisies while singing John Lennon songs the rest of your life .

This is a little off topic, but really isn't, these are the same people that will be at any of the "rallies" you are all talking about.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4221427.stm

These are also the same types of individuals I have seen in action in Washington State. They believe that it is OK to do any thing they want, to justify their own means, but are the first to complain about civil rights being violated every time they are told to shut up.
I fully agree with Marv about this, the only support some of these individuals need is that which they recieve when they have a boot up their butts...

I need to mention one more thing.

With this being a great topic and debate, why is it that some just need to bring in the name calling, no matter what, I see this when an individual seems to be losing, they resort to this....

Fairchaseben- I really liked John Lennon when he was with the Beattles. According to many, Paul and John are some of the best composers, artists in recent history. For the rest of your comments, I've never had any operations in my life (really happy for that). I can't figure out how they relate to this topic. I think it's great though, that someone who you think is spineless, ballless, and likes John Lennon could kick your ass in a debate. If you want to talk issues here you will never win. If you think you are winning because I like John Lennon, you are sadly mistaken. I just consider the source of the idiocy...

FAIRCHASEBEN said:
It's too late to change now Matt ,
Once you've had your balls cut off and your spine removed you're stuck holding hands with EG and skipping through the daisies while singing John Lennon songs the rest of your life .

That was freaking hilarious..Fairchaseben i read it to my brother and he had milk come up through his nose [during breakfast] That was flat out funny.....Watch out though you know young Matthew is Buzzh`s little brother so Lil Buzz might come after you.

cjcj- the most difficult problem dealing with you and fairchaseben (when discussing an issue) is trying to read your posts with all the grammar and spelling problems. KEEP ON LISTENING TO THE A.M. RADIO!!

Well i must admit to that Matt...Years of having a secretary type all of my memo`s and other documents.. has left me with generally poor skills typing/etc..... But as for overall intellect you have a long way to go before you get into the "big leagues" and if you can`t understand what is being said on this board you better change your mind on "english only"

CJCJ- I won't change my mind on "English Only". I can speak it and read it quite well. I can also decipher your ramblings. I really don't think it provides proof of my intellect. I have seen a lot of your intellect on this forum, it has provided me with some great laughs. I have my opinions and I have a reason for my opinions. You just get on back to Listening to the EIB, Rush should be able to tell you a few more of your opinions.

Can`t stand Rush... way to liberal for me.....Plus he is a party suckass ...Try again Mathew.

Just wondering Matt did you read the post by 2fast about the Mexican government going to the world court to stop Arizona`s prop200? If so your still against "english only" ? Would you have been against prop 200 also? :)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back