Caribou Gear Tarp

I have no words for this one,

WHOC- I really do understand your thinking on this issue. I wouldn't ever be part of a demonstration that put an individual at its focus. I personally don't feel it is correct or necessary. I feel the same about abortion doctors. No one should be the focus of a demonstration. But, that isn't the law. Until the laws change to avoid this (for everyone). It is legal. If there was illegal activity, it should be dealt with according to the law. However, I will say a demonstration such as this is not illegal. (Morally wrong, YES) The picture does not "prove conclusively" there was any wrong doing. I have seen many demonstrations throughout my life and have stayed as far away as possible. Most are organized and follow the law very closely as to avoid arrest. Very few of these demonstrations turn violent (although some have). You really don't have to spell anything out for me, I comprehend what you are saying. I simply disagree. I ask questions to know better where you are coming from. I guess that's my wasted education speaking?!

MATTy, you have failed to prove that the demonstration was legal. I would say that based on the definition provided, and the caption to the photo, something illegal did happen. Based on that should people be arrested, that's a discretionary call for the authoritties. Should the school take disciplinary actions to prevent future problems? There again a discretionary issue for the school. I, if given the authority, would investigate the issue further, and should discipline be deemed required, you already know how I would deal with the issue. You fail to comphrehend that measure, and prefer to say nothing was done wrong because you lack the knowlegde of anything that was or wasn't illegal. Life isn't based on the "it's only illegal if you get caught" thought process.

My opinion is based on the definitions I provided, and MY interpretation of the photo and caption.

MattC ,
I think it would be helpful to realize that your education was not only wasted but actually may have caused irreparable harm !
You are a shining jewel of blithering ignorance , yet arrogant .

You've spent hours defending a bunch of future convenience store clerks engaging in despicable behavior towards a man who's only crime is serving his country and defending it's freedom .

And you still don't get it , do you ?

I have that old premise "innocent until PROVEN guilty". I really could care less about them as individuals. The demonstration was legal (constitutionally). I'm not defending the individuals, I'm defending the right to demonstrate that is all.

I don't know how passing out flyers is defending the country; but, he's closer to doing it than all of us (me for sure). I guess having a different point of view is cause for my education not being worthwhile. I would consider that your opinion. I don't know how my education became the subject but I won't defend my education any further as education needs not be defended. I can't give it back and wouldn't if I could. I will say this, some of the most intelligent people I have met, don't have a highschool education. I have learned a lot from them, my degree only shows I put the effort out to go to school, nothing more.

Fairchaseben- If it was a doctor and he was advocating abortion and this picture was taken with the same caption, would you think the same way? I really do wish to know. (Oh, for all I know, one of those convenience store clerks may some day save your life or the lives of 1000 others. There's not one person there more or less important than the next.)

MattC ,
a) You don't know how an army recruiter is helping to defend our country , really ?

b) You brought your ejamucation into this topic , go back and check .

c) How does a doctor 'advocate abortion' ? that's too wierd to even think about .....Hi , I'm Doctor Oreck and I'm here for your baby .

Hey Ten Beers....

What "right" does the recruiter even have on the campus? He was there as a guest of somebody, and if somebody tells him to leave, he should pack up his pamphlets and leave. For all we know, he was there at an Associated Student Body event, and by the looks of the picture, the ASB was asking him to leave THEIR property.

The Federal Military has no claim to state land, which is what I am guessing the CC sits upon.

Gunner you must have confiscated some good weed.. from that last case you procecuted....save me some...i think i will need it before this thread is done.

LMAO!!!!
the ASB was asking him to leave THEIR property.
It is not their property.... ;)
I will say from a post that Matt put up on the last page.
When I was traveling abroad in the Navy, I was stationed in Scotland and traveled around the British Isles and some of the mainland of Europe a great deal.
The "Bad Americans" I witnessed that have given all of us a black eye, were those vacationers that would treat the rest of the world as if they were all a bunch of servants to do what these people wanted with a snap of their fingers. I was ashamed for us all many many times by what these others would do and how they would treat others in their own countries. They should have acted as visitors and not as royalty... Just my opinion...

MATTy, nobody has questioned their first amendment rights topeaceful assembly, but I believe they crossed that line from peaceful assembly to riotous behavior, and they should answer for it. Think of it as a "learning experience" for the student body......

EG, I have my doubts that the ASB of a liberal college would invite an army recruiter. It is more likely that the "Federal Military" or even the National Guard have the "rights" to set up an information/recruiting table based on some of the Federal grants & aid that the school receives. Most likely these events are coordinated with the school administration and not the ASB.

Keep diggin' boys.

A good freind onc'd told me; when you finds yurse'f in a whole, it's time to put the shovel down.
I think you guys need to put your shovels down........

Ten Bears said:
EG, I have my doubts that the ASB of a liberal college would invite an army recruiter. It is more likely that the "Federal Military" or even the National Guard have the "rights" to set up an information/recruiting table based on some of the Federal grants & aid that the school receives. Most likely these events are coordinated with the school administration and not the ASB.

Ten Beers,

Now I see where your struggle to understand this is. You think a Community College is a "liberal college" and must be some hotbed of civil dissent. This won't affect you for 8-10 years, but when you finally get tired of 3rd grade, and you realize you are the only one at the grade school that is eligible for Social Security, you might consider getting a GED. And then, you would be able to attend a Community College. You won't get to spend much time in "liberal college" classes, as most students at the Community College are learing Truck Driving, Security Guard Classes, and Refrigeration Repair. Unfortunately, you won't find a lot of Philosophy, Political Science, or other classes to stimulate the mind. But that is why you are spending the multiple years in 3rd grade, learning how to put the Crayons back in the box.....

EG, I'm not sure what your level of experience is with community colleges (I'll speculate that it is limited though), but the 1 we have near here is North Idaho College. It isn't the most liberal of schools, but has it's moments and hotbed students. If YOU'd care to check out their catalog you might be suprised to find that they do offer a number of sociology, phlosophy, and other mentally stimulating courses (other then the truck driving and autobody level courses you'd be familiar with). They are also the remote campus for schools like UofI and LCSC.

LMAO gunner!!!
You'll try to make argument out of any thing... :D
Unless you can show proof other wise, student's only own personal belongins at that or any other campus. Where ever did you get the idea that they "own" the campus? :)

Back