I have NEVER shot a mule deer! :( ..... Would love some input on where to chase my first one.

Id say anywhere that'll give you a tag. I haven't drawn a "good tag" yet, but every muley hunt I've been on I've really enjoyed. Id be building points in CO if I were you, but I would 100% be hunting close to home every year too if that was an option.

As a fellow resident of Kansas, just hunt Kansas. NWK in the St Francis and Atwood areas has some great muley hunting. That's where I do it.

And if you want to hunt elk and pronghorn, Kansas also has you covered.

As a fellow resident of Kansas, just hunt Kansas. NWK in the St Francis and Atwood areas has some great muley hunting. That's where I do it.

And if you want to hunt elk and pronghorn, Kansas also has you covered.
Interesting. Who wooda thought.

Reactions: DFS
Look at Wyoming LE unit 60. I have never seen anything over 170 but great place as a NR to get a decent 1st MD buck.

back-to-the-future-taking-notes.gif

For real, anywhere that will issue you a tag and has decent access. I always tell people that Mule Deer and Pronghorn hunting is only as hard as you want to make it. Shoot them over the hood of your truck or make a week-long excursion into the wild stuff. Not taking anything away from mule deer by that statement, they are amazing creatures and I love hunting them.

Wyoming unit 60 takes a few points and is definitely not a trophy unit. I do better with other units. If a person is new to MD hunting, a LE will limit the area they are looking and help them be successful. Sorry but I would never give out my Honey holes that take 1 point for 180 plus deer. Just trying to help out a new MD hunter.

Wyoming unit 60 takes a few points and is definitely not a trophy unit. I do better with other units. If a person is new to MD hunting, a LE will limit the area they are looking and help them be successful. Sorry but I would never give out my Honey holes that take 1 point for 180 plus deer. Just trying to help out a new MD hunter.
Are you the same guy that asked about where to kill a 400 bull in MT a couple years back? If memory serves me right you had some points and wanted to burn em and try and kill a 400 bull. Forgive me if that isn't you....

Are you the same guy that asked about where to kill a 400 bull in MT a couple years back? If memory serves me right you had some points and wanted to burn em and try and kill a 400 bull. Forgive me if that isn't you....
Not me. My 400elk handle is a long running joke with friends. I have never hunted in MT and never applied. My wife is from Missoula…that is as close to hunting in MT as I have ever been.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back