I hate this part

Sorry to hear about your loss! We have a chocolate lab and he is the best dog. I hate the thought of ever losing Trigger.

Sorry for you guys, two in two days, painful for sure.we put our last sheltie down 3 years ago and have not got another one. Reading you guys stories had tears in my eyes.

Darn, our best to you and your family. You gave that pup a second chance and great life. I’m not far from losing my pride and joy Draht as she is failing way too fast. Had to carry all 70 pounds of her in after her potty trip outside.

Sorry for your loss, I believe a dog is the hardest to lose. They always give you their all and ask only to be loved back. I feel your pain.

I always figure that the pain and sorrow we feel is the prii we pay for all the love we get back.
Cooper and I sit on the couch every morning while I drink my coffee and he continues his beauty sleep. I sit here posting pictures and reading about all the HT exploits. This is how every day starts for me. I can't imagine starting my day any differently.IMG_20220320_070705811.jpg

Losing your dog buddy is high on the list of sad things. I hope you take comfort in knowing how wonderful your lab's life was after you saved him. Sounds like you and the dog deserved each other. Consider the possibility that God made pets with shorter lives than us to help us gain experience in dealing with loss. Because we are all going to lose loved ones, and we need to know how that journey goes. Personally, I hope and expect to have my hands full beyond the Rainbow bridge with the dogs from my youth and all the rescues I have rehomed and loved. Losses like yours are supposed to be sad so don't avoid it, be sad. Sorry for your loss.

The love dogs share is beyond my understanding. Always a tough time when such occurs.

Elkduds shared it best:

Losses like yours are supposed to be sad so don't avoid it, be sad.
HT is a family of dog enthusiasts and embrace that dog love / devotion to family, be it one person or a household. It jerks my heart each time I open these threads... I do so as one who's been there and felt the pain and understand your loss. Memories last forever.

Sorry for your loss.

I had to put my Fred down almost three years ago. Best dog I ever had. He was a dachsund. I still miss the crap out of him.

Sorry brother.

When you posted to this Dj it popped up n I read it again and damb it cried again lol
I told Tam no more dogs well lol she has always had small ones shih tzu and we have one now 10 months old
I have to say that little fart sure helped with the loss of Charlie his antics make me laugh every day
So much for me putting my foot down to no more dogs lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back