I got an accepted offer on some land.

schmalts

Well, my search is over , at least for the mean time. I did a lot of soul searching and came to the conclusion that i should buy for retirement and investment rather to hunt on. Reason was that by the time i can retire i will probably be too lamed up to do any amount of hunting. So i just went for property thats good to look at and hunt a little as well, close to a hospital and town with a wal-mart or other good size store.
I settled on an area near the AR MO state line. Its 30 miles south of branson and 20 minutes from Bull Shoals and beaver lake for fishing. It is 120 acres of nice rolling oak hills and some pasture. a couple nice building sites as well, a little creek going through it. I figure if i find something else i can sell this or divide it up. At least i put the money where it will hopefully earn some, instead of lose money.
When i get down there in a few weeks i better take lots of pictures and video so the wife can see why our house payment is so damn high now :D :D

Schmalts congrats on the land purchase.Sounds like a sweet piece of property that you'll enjoy later.

Happy trails

Congrats Schmalts!

That is some fine country there. My wife, daughter and I go to Branson once a year with my wife's family...they live about an hour west of Little Rock. Most of my family lives in the Fayetteville, Springfield, Rogers, and Siloam Springs area. You are definitely in a retirement area...more golf courses than you can shake a stick at.

Who knows...maybe we'll bump into each other one day down the road.(crossing my fingers behind my back)

Great! We usually get to Branson every couple of years. We don't even go to many shows, we just like the area. AS long as it's big enough to have a personal range and maybe pop a chuck once in a while and maybe a nice buck once a year, it's good enough.

Yes, 120 + or -, waiting for survey. There are lots of turkey there, and a good number of bear and deer. I am SE of eureka springs about 20 miles too. Also the Buffalo river wildlife area is 1/2 hour south of me and that is real nice.
I will post pics next time i get there. When i went to look at it a few weeks ago it was raining so i didnt take any.

Congrats on the land schmalts.. :D 120 acers,,wow..Looks like the next hunt/talk gathering will be at schmalt's place :D :D :D

Hunterman(Tony)

Schmalts,
Good buy!
We might be neighbors soon.
My wife and I are going to MO to look at land in a few weeks and are trying to find 20-40 acres we can afford to live on.
I'm like you, need a town close enough by with some major sporting good supplies!
I will be looking at land around springfield by 100 miles or so.
Hope to run into you some day.
Congrats again.

The property there is cheap, and so are houses. It litereally freaked me out to see what a 1800 sq ft ranch with 40 acres sells for there.
It is almost double the price here in wisconsin.
Head south from Springfield, the weather gets better. A real nice area is Branson, and Mountain Home Arkansas.
Heres areal good place to start for listings
http://www.unitedcountry.com/ucforms/uconline/uconline/searchv2/Search_State.htm

The Mountain Home area boasts some of the best trout fishing in the country on the white river.
Northern AR is a sleeper area to buy right now, IMHO. cheap taxes, nice country, 4 seasons (mild)and cheap housing.

congrats schmalts. don't forget about the striper fishing on norfork its better there than on beaver.Drop me a line when you get down this way.

Schmalts,
Thanks for the link but already have looked into that site.
I don't know what you mean about the prices being double that of WI though. All the land I looked at in MO that was similar to WI was 1/2 the price?
I think branson area is too expensive for my tastes. Looking somewhere south of that and going to check out AR also. thanks for the advice.
Gar man, sw Mo sounds kind of interesting, what's the work situation around there?
Thanks and just email me. [email protected]

Hell yes, you cant find any high land for less than a minimum of 1200$ unless its clearcut or way the hell up north away from anything. Similar land close to medium size town is selling for 1700 or better per acre. The property i was trying to buy here next to my land was 2000$ per acre and she wants more than that!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back