Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

I got a nice one, eh?!

Tom

Some hens while scouting a few weeks ago.

turk323.jpg

And a big gobbler.

gobbler323.jpg

Season starts April 5 here.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-17-2003 11:48: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

Here's the hunting part. I got one. I wore Mitch's Hunttalk hat and promised him half the winnings, if we we win anything. He didn't get one. It was a bummer. We had one in and he waited, he was expecting several and several shells in his gun. Then the high winds blew a decoy over and the one that was there left before he could shoot it. Bummer.

Mitch and Gila went one way after him, the one that left. And I went the other way, I found this guy, pretty good deal.

He was looking for a hen and found me instead. I had a 3 1/2 inch shell ready. The 2 1/4 oz. of #5 knocked him over and now I've got some Rio Grande turkey to eat.
What a deal!

turk1503.jpg

Here's a close-up picture Gilamonster took, he's a good photographer, besides a good turkey hunter and caller and most everything else he does!

turk1303.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-07-2003 16:39: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

I found out later what really happened. MITCH and I were trying to circle around a gobbler that we had called in and had lost interest. We looked around and Tom was gone! He had this old turkey tied up in the next canyon and finally was able to sneak away from us and get him without us seeing him do it...
Well, that's not EXACTLY true.. I guess.
He called that bird in by himself, and I'm proud of him for doing it! Congratulations Tom, and thanks for the great times we had together on that hunt! IT WAS FUN!
bowing.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-18-2003 19:51: Message edited by: GilaMonster ]</font>

Nice Bird...its nice to see a smile on someones face when they take a good lookin animal. Keep it up!!!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back