I found my Granddaughter a Howa 6.5 Grendel now what scope?

Giving this more though, I suspect getting her even a 3-9x or more is gonna be over kill with a scope that means little to her. If she got a straight 2 3/4x or 4x she would be well served. If you simply want to get a variable, take a look at a 2-7x and have her shooting it mostly on 2-4x. Your talking about a young girl with little interest that even if her interest develops, even with a lower power scope she will improve and for another $150 scope at 3-9x. For the money though I think I would not go much over 3-9x for $150!

She is 12, and shoots a fair amount, but not an avid shooter, or hunter. She does like to shoot P dogs and coyotes.
She has eyes like her uncle, my son, and can see forever.

I'm getting into her gun fairly cheap about $550.

I still need a claw sling, Limbsaver, scope bases and rings, and a scope.

SO what should I do for a scope, she has no idea scope #1 to scope #5, so it will be up to me to get something she can use and keep for a time without upgrading and not break old Papa's wallet.

I have a Burris that I like on my 8mm, the rest of my guns have Redfield or Leopold's. A little more than I want to spend on here first.

At Amazon, I can get a Burris droptine for 160 bucks.

And at Amazon, I can get a Vortex very similar for the same price.

Of those two what would be your choice?

Or similar at the same price point.
Vortex 1.5-8x. Have a wife and two daughters who hunt. Ladies need to be able to shoot male animals at very close range.

Vortex 1.5-8x. Have a wife and two daughters who hunt. Ladies need to be able to shoot male animals at very close range.
I'd buy her a good straight 6x and from any place other than Amazon regardless of price difference.
Couldn't support that POS for anything. JMHO

We put a Redfield 4X12 Plex scope on it.
150-yards-grendel.jpg

150 yards she was shooting off a backpack. I think that will work...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back