I fell into a fairly good deal.......

Wally Dog

I scored a Savage Axis II (with accutrigger) chambered .243 late last week ($180). It's topped with a Weaver 3x9 that I will likely upgrade from. I didn't need it but it filled an empty hole in my gun safe and a hole in my calibers.
I intend to put it on paper as soon as snowmageddon ends in SW ID. I do need to score some dies and bullets.......just wondered what we have for pet loads that I might try.
Thinking heavierish bullets weights as I have a 22-250 for light speedy ones.

You did well with that buy. I would highly recommend to stay with 100-grain bullets with that. I have shot in excess of 150 deer with a 6mm and a Hornady 100-grain Interlock. The Partition/Accubond is a great way to go, too.

Have fun. I think that scope will serve you well, also.

I've posted this before, but try the 95 grain Berger VLD. It is an absolutely wicked deer and antelope killer in the .243. I found a great deal on a box on a different site a few years ago. Bought them on a whim and couldn't believe the results. I've used Bergers in a few cartridges. Some have worked well, some not so much. The 95 in .243 works. mtmuley

Last edited:
A lot of folks around here like the 80 grain ttsx in their 243.

Yep. That's what my son shoots. I think you'll like that rifle. I scored on the same combo for $150 off a private buyer. It's an accurate little gun.

Attachments

• Sony p510 102.jpg
    Sony p510 102.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 216
Back