Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

I dont get it

Outdoor rec should be encouraged. Respiratory viruses don’t transmit nearly as well outside. The sun weakens them faster than being indoors. The wind dilutes them. Sports where everyone touches the same ball may not be the best idea, but I say go fishing. It’s not impossible to make someone sick while you’re outside, but it’s a lot less likely. The car ride and the gas station are what I would worry about.

Outdoor rec should be encouraged. Respiratory viruses don’t transmit nearly as well outside. The sun weakens them faster than being indoors. The wind dilutes them. Sports where everyone touches the same ball may not be the best idea, but I say go fishing. It’s not impossible to make someone sick while you’re outside, but it’s a lot less likely. The car ride and the gas station are what I would worry about.
I agree. But I think there are several concerns that are not about the "in the field" activity risk, but the associated risks. People congregating at trail heads or park facilities, police and emergency support for the participants, the effect of urban dwellers with higher infection rate spreading illness to smaller rural areas at gas stations, etc, - areas with limited medical infrastructure. etc. etc.

I hated PA trout season. It was driven by my dad though, on opening day would head to the fly fishing only/catch and release streams with our flattened Barbs and bead heads.

Don't forget the squirrel tail streamers on the big juniata browns.

The suprise trout opener is well underway! Even law enforcement didnt find out until this morning. I think it was a great idea. It's allowing people to utilize the 3+ million fish that were already hatchery raised and stocked while minimizing pressure as much as possible. Word is defintely out though, all the creeks and streams are packed but maybe half as much as they would be on the regular opener

I also saw that they are going to continue to stock throughout the spring but will not release the schedule to the public. I think this will also be nice and will help keep the crowds down.

I applaud them for this approach, some are unhappy but I think it's the best thing that could have been done under the circumstances. I'm just glad that we are still allowed to fish at all.

Wow! Before all the corona virus deal I was looking forward to taking my 5 and 7 year old back to Pa for this tradition and to fish with cousins this year. Really bummed that we weren’t going to be able to make it. I have fished a lot of places and I still have good memories of literally fishing on top of each other on the opening day.

I am anticipating Trout catch numbers and ground hog kill numbers reminiscent of the 1990's in my near future

I live in PA but hunt in MD. MD turkey opener is the same day as the PA trout opener this year. If I decide to fish it will be going to the mountains and trying to get away from the crowds. Maryland is allowing their hunting and fishing to continue because it is for sustenance. I think it should remain open but I don't want to be fighting against everyone and their brother over a trout.
Let Maryland's law sink in a little. No catch and release of fish (unless they are undersized or out of season) keepers hit the cooler. No no turkey hunting unless you plan to eat it...Stay at home unless you need that turkey for dinner!

Its good thing I do...

Let Maryland's law sink in a little. No catch and release of fish (unless they are undersized or out of season) keepers hit the cooler. No no turkey hunting unless you plan to eat it...Stay at home unless you need that turkey for dinner!

Its good thing I do...

I can tell you that if I get a bird the breasts aren't even going to make it to the freezer

The sad part is a lot of people don't know about keeping their distance, think you can't get sick if you're outside, or just don't care. When I'm outdoors there's always a ton of people and packed parking lots, people don't go out of their way to avoid each other and when I walk around people on a path they look at me like I'm an asshole trying to avoid them for (insert reason here) I think some people will intentionally stand close to your fishing spot to get you to move I had a guy stand almost right next to me and cast where I'm casting even tho I was there first. Unluckily for him I wasn't going to move and he eventually gave up after I didn't move. The idiot must've thought it was a great spot because he was walking by and saw a trout jump in front of where I'm fishing. I know I don't own the river but don't stand next to me and don't cast where I'm casting pandemic or not it's rude and not good for anyone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back