Caribou Gear Tarp

I done screwed up

brandoncoelk

I don’t know if this had happened to anyone but it happened to me. I’ve been saving up a few points for hunting mule deer in my home state of Colorado. Not a once in a lifetime tag (3 points) but I’ve been scouting this area for three years. I accidentally put in for the wrong area and I don’t know what to do. I still want to have a good hunt but public lad is a lot more difficult to get to. I’ve been scouting unit 86 and I got unit 82. Anyone know anything about this situation I’d gladly accept. Ps. I don’t have time to scout much and I still want to have a good hunt .

Yeah I would probably turn the tag in to. Especially if you think you would be able to draw the tag next year. One more scouting year never hurts. You could always do a dry run in unit 86 and see what the pressure is like during the actual hunt, where camps are, test out your scouting to see if you are on the right track.... it wouldn't be a wasted season that way.

Not sure what season your tag is for but based on your post I assume you're going to be hunting in the Sangres. Just find similar country to hunt in 82 as the areas you've found deer the last 3 years in 86 and you should have a good hunt. Access is not that different in either of those units, and they are very comparable as far as difficulty in drawing tags for any given season. Learn from your mistake and save a point in 2021, then you should have great odds of drawing your 86 tag again in 2022.

You might want to triple check your app before submitting next time though, since with three points the hunt code you'd put in for Unit 86 would be "069" and the code for Unit 82 is "082"...you wouldn't be trying to play us to get info on unit 82 would you??? ;)

Thanks for the input . I don’t blame anyone but my self for not paying attention. I was unaware I’d get my points back. I may do that instead . Thanks all !

Contact the Colorado Parks and Wildlife main office. If the drawing has not occurred, they can edit the license entry for you. I have done that in Wyoming (but no preference points since I am a resident) to change the hunt area. Also in Wyoming, you can go online and edit your license application to change the draw area up to a posted deadline. My bet is Colorado has something like that too so you might see if you can log in and change your application info.

Last edited:
Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back