Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

I am a dumbass!!!!

schmalts

I got my MT deer aplication back today with a rejection letter because i sent a personal check. I didnt read the fine print so i just wrote a check and sent it out. Oh well, so much for a backup hunt for deer. Do any of you know if they have a leftover tag drawing??

Personal check? Whats this about, we all use personal checks for our special permits, do they not take checks from NRs?

I accept personal checks for unguided hunts in SE Ohio. ;)

That is tough schmalts, better luck next time.

Originally posted by RockyDog:
Personal check? Whats this about, we all use personal checks for our special permits, do they not take checks from NRs?
No personal checks. What a pain in the rear, i got to run to the bank just to get a way to pay for my moose and sheep app.

I thought the app. deadline was June 1? Can't you just re-send it?

Oak

If you dont mind paying a little more you can still go throgh an outfitter. I talked to my buddy yesterday and he said there is still over 400 combo tags avaliable. If you like I can get you in touch with him and he can give you more info. I know he dont like renting out his camp but he might be willing to just get you the tag whithout guiding for you. :D

Nope, they don't let you do re-does here...
I sent in a moose app my first year in this state, and because I forgot to sign it, they sent me the HAHA letter also. I just did mine on line, worked very well. I just got a call from them yesterday, they told me that there was an error on the bear permit, it appears that my new tags that just came in the mail were only good for fall season. Fish and games fault, so they are sending a note to all the wardens that a few of us will be hunting bear during the spring with a fall only tag. I just hope that if I get a bear this spring, the warden I have to talk to got the letter, knowing that gov. alway's has a very good line of communications between each other... :rolleyes: :D

Dang, whenever I say "I'm a dumbass", the response is always: "Yeah. And...."

I remember years ago when NM application envelopes had their address on one side of the envelope, and you had to put your address on the back side of the envelope. I was sending out my dad's applications, and put the stamps on the wrong side. What really sucked is that it took two weeks to mail them to myself, and the deadline had passed. 15 years later, and I still hear that story at application time.

Beardown, if you have an outfitter tag, you are only allowed to hunt with an outfitter. Even if you did hunt with an outfitter, and were unsuccesful, you wouldn't be able to go back later and hunt without the outfitter.

Beer works I suppose.
But I would suppose the statement was meant to be funny and not taken like a bad pill... ;)

Sounds like you would have to go with an outfitter unless you want to cheat!
Heck out of the 50 or so days I spent out there last year and so far this year, I havent even seen a game warden much less been checked.
shhh.gif
Russ may be right except being that it is a left over tag and you can buy it over the counter (well a outfitter can buy it for you)you should check into it.

Well heck, if you're going to cheat, and you're not worried about running into game wardens, you may as well hunt WITHOUT a license and a tag. Why spend the money? That money could be better spent on beer.

Rick, there about 400 outfitter sponsered elk/deer combo tags left but no deer tags that I am aware of. The outfitter sponsered tags are only good in hunting with an outfitter. I think the combo tags are like $975.

You are S.O.L. for deer this year. If you feel like hunting antelope instead as a back up plan you have until June 1st to apply. You main as well as you obviously have a little extry money sitting around.

Originally posted by Big Sky:
You are S.O.L. for deer this year. If you feel like hunting antelope instead as a back up plan you have until June 1st to apply. You main as well as you obviously have a little extry money sitting around.
You offering to show me any lopes???

I did the same thing with my Montana deer application. My hopes for a big whitey are dashed for another year. Like Big Sky recommended, I'm putting in for a loper as a consilation prize.

Originally posted by DeerKing:
I did the same thing with my Montana deer application. My hopes for a big whitey are dashed for another year. Like Big Sky recommended, I'm putting in for a loper as a consilation prize.
What do you say we team up for a dumbass lope hunt?? :D

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back