Caribou Gear Tarp

Hybrid cars and SUVs

Ithaca 37

In the "Dubya loosens wildlife protection.." topic Elkchser says, "I don't see any of you guy's giving up any thing you have, only complaining about the use and where it comes from......"

Actually, it's kinda hard for him to see what we do, but I'd like to reassure him and everybdy else that I am committed to reducing my energy and natural resource usage in any practical way I can. Who wouldn't, if they can save money in the long run? I mean on stuff like extra insulation, etc.

Now we have Ford's new hybrid and I'll buy one next time I need a new car (or some other make of hybrid). I don't believe in buying new models the first year or two they come out-----I'd rather wait 'til they have the bugs worked out, but once that is accomplished I'll be happy to buy any hybrid vehicle that will use less gas and perform up to my minimum standards. I have high hopes we'll see lots more developments in fuel saving vehicles. Anything that reduces our dependence on foreign oil without increasing our demand for domestic oil is terrific with me! If I had my way we'd never buy anything from the Arab countries.

Here's today's news:

Ford Prices Hybrid Above Regular Model

Ford Motor Co.'s (NYSE:F - news) new Escape Hybrid sport utility vehicle, with an electric motor to help its engine wring twice as many miles from a gallon of gasoline, will cost at least $3,300 more than a standard Escape SUV, the automaker said on Monday......

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=568&ncid=568&e=23&u=/nm/20040614/bs_nm/autos_ford_dc

Back