Husker hunter!!

I'm from Nebraska, been on 3 western elk hunts with no tags punched. I am an archery hunter I mostly hunt with my twin brother. We both do a decent amount of research but we still cant seem to figure elk out. This year I'll be In colorado chasing elk for 8 days in September. We been buying bonus points in Montana for 2 years now hoping to draw a le tag in the future. Been reading alot of past threads with great information. Look forward to hearing stories and others experiences. Matt

Welcome SNS22. Elk are addictive for sure.

Best advice I can give you on elk is that you gotta find 'em before you can hunt them. I wandered around the woods hoping to bump into one in range for a lot of years before I figured that out. It is amazing how much of a better hunter you can be when you KNOW there are elk around.

Very addictive for sure. I got some really great gear but with little experience and knowledge I'm all ears. We own land with food plots that are set up for bow hunting deer. So it's a pretty easy hunting style. The deer show up early rut chasing does and it's all about wind direction. It's nothing like elk hunting. We see hundreds of deer sometimes. Iv been on a 7 day hunt never laying eyes on an elk. I enjoy the challenge but it frustrates the he## outta me. That's why I'm here. Trying to find more ideas, tactics and intell. I'm invested, I'm hooked, and I'm ready to harvest an elk.

Back