Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hurricane Florence could be a bad one.

tarheel

Pray we don't get hammered too badly by Florence, but they're predicting it might hit Cat 4. At the speed it will be moving it could punch inland a good distance much like Hugo did in '89. We still have people in my hometown living in hotels after losing their homes to the flooding from Matthew.

Florence 1.jpgFlorence 2.jpg

On top of this thing causing potential destruction, it's also causing havoc on my elk hunt! My elk hunting partner lives at the coast of NC, I live midstate. The plan was to leave Tuesday afternoon for MT. He doesn't want to leave his wife at home alone if it hits NC. So now we're waiting to see which way this thing goes.

I remember hugo well. Hope we miss the wind but sure could use some rain from the storm

I remember hugo well. Hope we miss the wind but sure could use some rain from the storm

Afraid it will be too much rain for a large area. Forecasts are for 12-15 inches for a large part of the Eastern counties and several small isolated spots getting up to 20". That has the potential to flood every river East of the fall line.

Attachments

• Florence 3.png
    Florence 3.png
    385.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
On top of this thing causing potential destruction, it's also causing havoc on my elk hunt! My elk hunting partner lives at the coast of NC, I live midstate. The plan was to leave Tuesday afternoon for MT. He doesn't want to leave his wife at home alone if it hits NC. So now we're waiting to see which way this thing goes.

Good luck buddy. My elk hunting buddy lives in topsail beach. He is flying out Wednesday morning to meet us in Colorado. His wife and kids are coming back home to VA in the morning so hopefully all will be good. Prayers for all in the path.

Have cousins that live in N. Myrtle Beach. Not looking good for anyone.
Send all the rain to the west if you can.

I remember Hugo well. Hope we miss the wind but sure could use some rain from the storm

Me too. I was in high school and lived far inland that all we got was 30-40 mph wind and a lot of rain. I drove down to the coast a year after Hugo and the amount of down trees a year later was staggering.

Everyone on the east coast stay safe and button down the hatches.

Me too. I was in high school and lived far inland that all we got was 30-40 mph wind and a lot of rain. I drove down to the coast a year after Hugo and the amount of down trees a year later was staggering.

Everyone on the east coast stay safe and button down the hatches.

We had around 80 mph wind of I remember correctly but that couple with all the rain was pretty bad. Lost power for 2 weeks I think

Yeah right now they are predicting a cat 1 when it reaches Raleigh....this one is gonna hurt...not looking forward to 10 plus inches of rain but the coast is going to feel this one big time

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back