Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

hunttalk at the world martial arts competition???

tnctcb

my wifes boss has a 10 year old son who just won a competion that is allowing him to compete in the world games. he needs a chaperon and they have to pay alot of their own expenses and she has made a website to raise the money. she needs about 3000 dollars more by jan. 10th. if moosie will get this young man a hunttalk hat he has promised us a picture in his martial arts outfit and the hunttalk hat. we could send the money to me, send it to oscar ( if he doesnt mind) and let him send the check or we can send the money diretly to the mom. this is a once in a lifetime deal and i would sure hate to see him miss it over money. i will start with 20 bucks, if you can give 1 dollar it would help if you can give more great, if you are not in a position to give anything that is great too.
here is the story from his mom.
Hi Everyone,
Sending this mass email out because I have some WONDERFUL news and need some help. My son, Gabriel, was recently in his Regional Karate tournament this past Sunday and took 2nd place in sparring. This qualies him to be a team member of the U.S. National Martial Arts Team!!!! They will be going to Athens, Greece to compete in the WORLD GAMES on March 29th 2004. We are so proud of him they we are going to try and do everything we can to help get him there. We need to raise a lot of money for this as it is quite expensive. I have built a web site, asking for donations. We are going to put up flyers around town and we are thinking about holding a 50/50 raffle for him to help raise money (if we can get a printer to donate the printing). We are also trying to get companies to sponsor him.
rsup8023: What I need from you is to please pass this web site around.

http://home.comcast.net/~helpgabriel/wsb/index.html
This tells about Gabriel, what we are trying to do and will let people donate right there on the site. If they prefer, we do have a P O Box available for those who would like to mail in a donation. Please forward this to everyone you know!!! If you belong to a message board and are fairly comfortable posting it there – by all means go ahead!!! We need as much help as possible!!! Even $5 or $10 would help out a great deal! If you can’t donate – please just pass this on to those who might! The more who see it – the better!!!Thanks for everything!

I say Lets Pool the Money and Send it to TNTCTCB. Keep your Eyes out for some Cash and a Hat in the mail. (Post your addy first
tongue.gif
) I'll have one made with his name on it. It might take a Few weeks. I'll send some Cash your Way too. We'll pool the money and just put (HUNTTALK.COM) on the Envelope.

In Return, He'll have to come Post details on the compitition and We'd like to See him in a Picture of the hat.

Thanx for Posting Tim And I'll contact you (or contact me). Hopefully We can use you as a catch-all for the money ? Lemme know !!!!!!!!

fine with me i just wanted to leave it open so it didnt look like i was fund raising for my self.make the check out to, Gabriel Boggs
send it to
Tim Adam
8916 India avenue
Jacksonville,Fl 32211
i saw your post at his site oscar. thanks

Count me and Michele in Tim. We will send you some money also. I would like to see him get to go and help be a part of making his dream come true.

thats great bill. i wont say who sent what but i will keep a total of how much hunttalk members send

thanks tony. we have an envelope started and i will send it to her at the first of the year so the sooner i get it the higher the running total will get. hope everyone looks at his site its great.

the envelope is starting to fill but there is still alot of space. so far hunttalk has raised 40 bucks for this young man.thats a start but we have a long way to go. others have committed so hopefully the numbers will be updated soon. thanks

TNTCB, I have the Hat and Just getting it Embroidered. I'll get it back hopefully in a Week. We'll see how they go, for some reason they are busy this time of year.. Probably like the Rest of us
smile.gif

Anyways, time is Ticking... HIII-yahhh!!!

Statuscheck please! Are they goingto be able to make the trip?

Don't mail that envelope yet. I got fifty for you. Near as I can figure it will cost them between five and six large to make the trip. Japan is very expensive on the cost ofliving side. Do any of you guys know a Carlos Davilla, USAF retired probably lives in Puerto Rico. If so let him know about this and the fact that Foreman is asking. I know chances are slim; but, if I don't ask...
smile.gif

thanks pawclaws. i am waiting for it. im going to send it on the 10th overnight. they are going to make the trip and im glad hunttalkers are helping out

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back