Hunting with spotters, cell phones, and blue-tooth headphones

I think I'm doing it wrong. After a night in the woods, it looks like I haven't slept in two weeks, I've probably had too many beers, my hair is greasy with campfire smoke, I've got spaghetti stains on my shirt, I got a belly ache from eating candy for breakfast, and I'm getting seriously concerned about my swamp @$$.

This guy looks more put together than I do on a good day in town.

And the hairlessness of all these influencers is seriously concerning, what are they putting in MtnOps that is a deshedder? I'd love to get some of that for my Labrador.
They are using filters, photoshop, and Kylie Cosmetics.

This is the sort of thing that makes me think the weirdo who was banned for advocating S-S-S on hunting celebrities might have been onto something. I guess he wasnt advocating for shooting anyone, but he certainly wanted people canceled. Too much competition in his favorite spots, I guess (he seemed kindve soft). What was his name?

My point is that I get as much of a dopamine hit from someone clicking LIKE on any of my nonsense as the next guy, but I just cant imagine needing THIS much validation that Id go to THESE lengths to get there. I have a difficult time picturing the sort of people that might consume this stuff positively.

Don’t get me wrong, I like this guy’s content. He’s great at telling a story, takes great footage and photos, and kills/pursues some amazing animals. I haven’t spent any more time than watching a couple videos and looking at his Instagram on looking into him.

My question is though, how is it legal the way they set up a spotter across the canyon, and then hunt with a Bluetooth headphone in, getting directions from the spotter on where/what the deer is doing? I’ve only watched a couple videos, and in both the guys had spotters set up across the canyon and Bluetooth headphones in while admitting to checking back in with the spotter regularly.

I see no negative comments regarding this on YouTube or Instagram or a general Google search regarding these guys, so I wanted to see what the Hunttalk guys thought about this and why these guys aren’t getting busted for unfair chase? Maybe it’s legal in the state they hunt? Maybe it can’t be proven that that is what they are doing? Just curious.

I'd suggest watching more of his content. Most of the people on here are complaining about a guy that works harder on his hunts than most hunters I have ever encountered. He is a Utah hunter and is within his legal right to use those tools. He does not always use them, but if it is legal, we are only arguing on matter of opinion whether it is right or wrong. I don't personally know him or any of those guys for that matter, but I do have a lot of respect for the amount of work he puts in and for the respect he has for the animals he does hunt. Radios may come across as unethical to some, but analyze more than that. He isn't breaking the law, and he honors and cares for his game more than many. And I definitely agree, he does a great job at telling stories in his content. His video of his bull elk hunt is a good one, as well as the video he did of hunting mule deer with his dad. Seems like a good guy given an unfair wrap from a lot of guys on here because he takes good care of his body and puts his best foot forward to be able to hunt game in his tip top shape/condition.

Sweet jesus, I've never considered having a signature until now.

Could you tell us more about his beautfiful body? I bet if you hit him up in the DMs he might be able to use some help waxing those hard to reach spots.
Do you even lift bro?

Funny guy. Imagine trying to belittle the one guy in these comments that doesn’t make fun of or try to belittle someone he knows nothing about. And people wonder why the hunting community gets a bad wrap. Sheesh.. 😂
I’m not trying to belittle you. This is clearly a moral question and you are posting about his body. Stick to the topic. It’s legal, but is it moral. There were clearly numerous people watching this buck through the summer. He used technology to harvest it. Give an opinion on that. Not his biceps and pecs. But thanks for the compliment. I am pretty funny.

I'd suggest watching more of his content. Most of the people on here are complaining about a guy that works harder on his hunts than most hunters I have ever encountered. He is an Utah hunter and is within his legal right to use those tools. He does not always use them, but if it is legal, we are only arguing on matter of opinion whether it is right or wrong. I don't personally know him or any of those guys for that matter, but I do have a lot of respect for the amount of work he puts in and for the respect he has for the animals he does hunt. Radios may come across as unethical to some, but analyze more than that. He isn't breaking the law, and he honors and cares for his game more than many. And I definitely agree, he does a great job at telling stories in his content. His video of his bull elk hunt is a good one, as well as the video he did of hunting mule deer with his dad. Seems like a good guy given an unfair wrap from a lot of guys on here because he takes good care of his body and puts his best foot forward to be able to hunt game in his tip top shape/condition.
I’ve watched Martin’s content since the beginning when he was with HUSH and spun off and did his own thing. He clearly puts in the time and has an incredible amount of talent and grit; the hunt he recently filmed/did with his Dad would make most of the folks on here choke up.

He used tools that are legal in Utah and makes a living doing something he loves.

I’m not trying to belittle you. This is clearly a moral question and you are posting about his body. Stick to the topic. It’s legal, but is it moral. There were clearly numerous people watching this buck through the summer. He used technology to harvest it. Give an opinion on that. Not his biceps and pecs. But thanks for the compliment. I am pretty funny.
Speaking about his effort in staying healthy and in good shape is a testament to his success and dedication to hunting, and with the work that takes year round, it shows a testament to the respect he has for the animals he hunts because he gives everything he has to making that a way of life for himself. You can try and spin my comments whatever way you want, but what I was saying is pretty clear. His success is not because he happened to use a radio on a hunt. If that were the case, he wouldn’t have success without them but he clearly does time and time again. It’s legal and within his right to use one though, especially when he is with other guys in a state that allows it. If you want to question morals of using a handheld radio, do you also question the morality to use a truck, side by side, atv, etc. to pursue game? Is it moral to shoot an animal with a long range rifle from far off? See where it can go when we begin to try to decide for everyone what seems moral or not? Obviously as a hunter, I know there is a time and a place for different styles of legal hunting. And I see people hunt in ways that I wouldn’t necessarily entertain for myself, but it doesn’t make it immoral. It is hard enough to hunt these animals with the tools we are accustomed to using. It’s a dangerous game when we begin to try and tell each other how we should or shouldn’t hunt, and ridicule each other for it. As long as it is legal and they are doing their due diligence in how they harvest that animal and care for the meat, that should be the primary and important focus. We as a hunting community need to be better about being respectful to one another and being united. Not everyone needs to hunt the exact same way that I do, or that you do. Everyone does it different but as long as people are following the laws, I’m in full support of a persons efforts to harvest game and be successful in their hunt.

Fair chase regardless, the video was epic. You’re the man, frik no you’re the man bro. The most hunted buck in the west killed by the best of the best of the best of the best. You’re the man, bro. Fist pump. I call you on my phone bro - let’s go manscape.
B7C2872E-766D-4812-B3A4-B728956D0C6F.jpeg

Speaking about his effort in staying healthy and in good shape is a testament to his success and dedication to hunting, and with the work that takes year round, it shows a testament to the respect he has for the animals he hunts because he gives everything he has to making that a way of life for himself. You can try and spin my comments whatever way you want, but what I was saying is pretty clear. His success is not because he happened to use a radio on a hunt. If that were the case, he wouldn’t have success without them but he clearly does time and time again. It’s legal and within his right to use one though, especially when he is with other guys in a state that allows it. If you want to question morals of using a handheld radio, do you also question the morality to use a truck, side by side, atv, etc. to pursue game? Is it moral to shoot an animal with a long range rifle from far off? See where it can go when we begin to try to decide for everyone what seems moral or not? Obviously as a hunter, I know there is a time and a place for different styles of legal hunting. And I see people hunt in ways that I wouldn’t necessarily entertain for myself, but it doesn’t make it immoral. It is hard enough to hunt these animals with the tools we are accustomed to using. It’s a dangerous game when we begin to try and tell each other how we should or shouldn’t hunt, and ridicule each other for it. As long as it is legal and they are doing their due diligence in how they harvest that animal and care for the meat, that should be the primary and important focus. We as a hunting community need to be better about being respectful to one another and being united. Not everyone needs to hunt the exact same way that I do, or that you do. Everyone does it different but as long as people are following the laws, I’m in full support of a persons efforts to harvest game and be successful in their hunt.
There’s lots of ripped dudes out smoking bucks and bulls. You don’t have to put it on the gram and YouTube…unless maybe you’re not doing that just because you like to hunt🤔. Success gets views and likes right? Using every means legal under the law makes you more successful. It all makes sense to me. At the end of the day, you don’t have to kill something on video to be a movie star. Ethics matter if you’re actually a hunter.

There’s lots of ripped dudes out smoking bucks and bulls. You don’t have to put it on the gram and YouTube…unless maybe you’re not doing that just because you like to hunt🤔. Success gets views and likes right? Using every means legal under the law makes you more successful. It all makes sense to me. At the end of the day, you don’t have to kill something on video to be a movie star. Ethics matter if you’re actually a hunter.
And why does it automatically become negative if someone does make a video of it and grow their platform/business? Granted YOU don’t have to, but anyone else can if they want to. Who cares?

Back