Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunting with spotters, cell phones, and blue-tooth headphones

Ought Six

Don’t get me wrong, I like this guy’s content. He’s great at telling a story, takes great footage and photos, and kills/pursues some amazing animals. I haven’t spent any more time than watching a couple videos and looking at his Instagram on looking into him.

My question is though, how is it legal the way they set up a spotter across the canyon, and then hunt with a Bluetooth headphone in, getting directions from the spotter on where/what the deer is doing? I’ve only watched a couple videos, and in both the guys had spotters set up across the canyon and Bluetooth headphones in while admitting to checking back in with the spotter regularly.

I see no negative comments regarding this on YouTube or Instagram or a general Google search regarding these guys, so I wanted to see what the Hunttalk guys thought about this and why these guys aren’t getting busted for unfair chase? Maybe it’s legal in the state they hunt? Maybe it can’t be proven that that is what they are doing? Just curious.

From the Montana big game regulations…

Two-way Communication (ARM 12.6.1010)
The use of two-way electronic communication is prohibited:
• While in the act of hunting game animals or wolves to aid in the taking or locating of live animals.
• While in the act of hunting mountain lion or bobcats with dogs, beginning when the dogs are placed or physically released on tracks or a scent trail.
• To avoid game check stations or FWP enforcement personnel.
•To facilitate unlawful hunting activity. The use of two-way electronic communication for the use of safety or other legitimate purposes is exempt. Two-way electronic communication includes, but is not limited to, the following; radios (walkie-talkies/CB), cell phones, text messages, and the use of social media or other electronic platforms, applications

Don’t get me wrong, I like this guy’s content. He’s great at telling a story, takes great footage and photos, and kills/pursues some amazing animals. I haven’t spent any more time than watching a couple videos and looking at his Instagram on looking into him.

My question is though, how is it legal the way they set up a spotter across the canyon, and then hunt with a Bluetooth headphone in, getting directions from the spotter on where/what the deer is doing? I’ve only watched a couple videos, and in both the guys had spotters set up across the canyon and Bluetooth headphones in while admitting to checking back in with the spotter regularly.

I see no negative comments regarding this on YouTube or Instagram or a general Google search regarding these guys, so I wanted to see what the Hunttalk guys thought about this and why these guys aren’t getting busted for unfair chase? Maybe it’s legal in the state they hunt? Maybe it can’t be proven that that is what they are doing? Just curious.

Depends on the state

From the Montana big game regulations…

Two-way Communication (ARM 12.6.1010)
The use of two-way electronic communication is prohibited:
• While in the act of hunting game animals or wolves to aid in the taking or locating of live animals.
• While in the act of hunting mountain lion or bobcats with dogs, beginning when the dogs are placed or physically released on tracks or a scent trail.
• To avoid game check stations or FWP enforcement personnel.
•To facilitate unlawful hunting activity. The use of two-way electronic communication for the use of safety or other legitimate purposes is exempt. Two-way electronic communication includes, but is not limited to, the following; radios (walkie-talkies/CB), cell phones, text messages, and the use of social media or other electronic platforms, applications
Yeah it’s not Montana which is why I was curious.

Well the hunt takes place in Utah...... fair chase isn't in their repertoire for tags like he had, unfortunately
Is this a fact about Utah or are you being sarcastic? I’ve never hunted Utah or looked at their regs

People shooting at mule deer at 1000 yards, people using earbuds and radios to sway the odds in their favor with every footstep, and yet, people continue to complain about the declining mule deer populations and lack of big bucks across the west. lol

Pretty standard.

People shooting at mule deer at 1000 yards, people using earbuds and radios to sway the odds in their favor with every footstep, and yet, people continue to complain about the declining mule deer populations and lack of big bucks across the west. lol

Pretty standard.
This type of activity is pretty much the standard for the self promoting insta famous YouTube hunting flatbill d-bag celebrity/influencer. Be sure to pick up some branded merch!

The people that subscribe to there shows should start following along in person on all of their hunts. Tailgate them to the trailhead and follow along with the big foam fingers, banners waving, and air horns.
If they want fans, I say give em to them.

I wouldn’t mind a 2 week vacation to follow and “cheer” for the hush or bro babies.

The people that subscribe to there shows should start following along in person on all of their hunts. Tailgate them to the trailhead and follow along with the big foam fingers, banners waving, and air horns.
If they want fans, I say give em to them.

I wouldn’t mind a 2 week vacation to follow and “cheer” for the hush or bro babies.
Lol by the sounds of his R2 buck video, that kind of happened, and then another dude ended up sticking his buck 😂, probably shouldn’t post “this year’s content” in sheds and summer scouting and then expect followers not to try to go kill your buck

I believe that is the Douchecanoe tactical scouting system by Ed Hardy, and it comes with a free Manscaped Lawnmower 6.0 for shaving all body hair besides a goatee.
I think I'm doing it wrong. After a night in the woods, it looks like I haven't slept in two weeks, I've probably had too many beers, my hair is greasy with campfire smoke, I've got spaghetti stains on my shirt, I got a belly ache from eating candy for breakfast, and I'm getting seriously concerned about my swamp @$$.

This guy looks more put together than I do on a good day in town.

And the hairlessness of all these influencers is seriously concerning, what are they putting in MtnOps that is a deshedder? I'd love to get some of that for my Labrador.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back