Hunting trip meals

TexanSam

As I'm making some last minute planning for my antelope trip I plan to embark on this weekend, what are some meals y'all can recommend that can stay frozen inside of a cooler that can either be eaten cold or heated up on a propane burner and skillet?

I plan on staying at a motel, but plan on being awake and out of town before any breakfast joints are open. And knowing me I'm a 3 square meal kind of guy. Anyone have any recommendations of meals that can fit the bill? Thanks

I made a pile of breakfast burritos up last year for our speedgoat trip. Pull out what you need the night before to thaw, then a quick skillet warm up in the morning. Seems to be my default for long days, then we did simple stuff for lunch (butthole sammies are great if you're doing a bunch of hiking). Burgers, precooked brats, fajitas, etc are pretty easy for a quick dinner. Good luck on your adventure!

Sausage gravy frozen in vacuum bags and biscuits in another. Heat in hot water on your stove.. That's a good tail gate breakfast I must say. Really anything you like for breakfast just freeze in a vacuum seal bag and bring to a boil on the stove. We do the same for dinner.

Baked mac and cheese and 2 grilled hamburgers are my favorite for dinner or lunch when I'm near the truck.

Last edited:
Sirloin steak and green beans, pork chops and broccoli, chicken and okra foil wraps. Freeze foil wraps in ziplocs, remove and cook in the skillet on the campstove. It takes a while to cook them from raw, but taste a lot better IMO. I do meals like these for supper, usually leftovers for breakfast, and just throw quick and easy stuff in my pack for lunch. Instant coffee with breakfast.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS4KIDS
Back