Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

hunting solo

So a month ago I had 4 guys committed to go to Colorado, now here I sit 4 days before the application deadline and they all backed out on me. I am considering going alone, how many of you would go ahead and just go it alone.

So now you know who NOT to make plans with. Seems like it's time to get some new hunting partners.

I wouldn't even think twice about going alone. I plan my trips first, then invite a friend or two. The trip is not contingent upon their participation in any way, shape, or form.

^This^

also i've done my best success going at it alone..... pictures are not the best but i'm not complaining..... pack out's are brutal but the pain goes away quickly with a few malt beverages and a day or two of reflection on what you just accomplished with no one's help.... nothing much more rewarding than that in the great outdoors....... :hump:
Matt

my biggest bull solo
000_0194_zpsea0b2684.jpg

my biggest buck solo
000_0161_zpsfbb58379.jpg

Thanks for all the response everyone. The way I look at it is that I am not going to sit around waiting for others for me to enjoy my hunting(and life in general) and I certainly have enough confidence in myself that I will be successful. I'm sure there will be some that think I am insane but I will go insane if I wait for others. I am pretty independent anyway and like the thought of doing what I want when I want. Thanks all!

I think you should go solo. Try to leave your head behind too. Become the prey. My dos centavos.

Definitely go alone. I do a lot of hunting alone as I only have a few friends that I really like to hunt with and we live in different states. Can certainly be more rewarding for sure. A few more things to think about (mainly with packing an animal out), but alone time in the woods is certainly good for the soul.

Although I enjoy hunting w my buddies. I find that I am way more successful hunting solo. If ur doing early archery, make sure u have a plan for meat care.

My biggest Mule Deer and Elk that I've taken to date were both solo hunts.

My brother was supposed to go with me on this hunt but a last minute injury meant I was hunting alone...

I ended up with a Tuesday off during the middle of rifle season, and wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to hunt mid week...

While hunting with a good friend or family member can be fun, I do hunt alone as well. I don't often plan to hunt alone, just because I like the company... But if the opportunity comes up, I'm all about getting out in the woods solo. Be that Hunting, Fishing, or what have you.

Biggest tip when hunting alone, Carry extra rope. When you are field dressing game solo, It can be handy to be able to tie a leg or two off to a big piece of sage, or a tree to help hold the critter in place while you are working on it. With that Bull, I was able to tie a front and rear leg off to a couple near by trees and field dress him solo. If the opportunity is there, I will hunt solo; but tend to enjoy the comradely of a few good people in camp.

I hunt alone a lot more than I like to. Just plan ahead for any potential issues like vehicle problems, extra water and food, blankets and/or sleeping bags, medical supplies, etc in case you're stranded or have problems.

Packing out can be more of a pain when you're alone but take your time and be safe.

I like hunting solo. I never have to argue with myself about which way to go. The only time I miss having somebody else around is when I get an elk down. I like the solo hunting, the solo packing...not so much. The solo packing can suck.

solo is less stressful and more personally rewarding, just sucks when you shot a bull elk 6 miles from truck!

I rarely ever hunted with others anymore. I've guided some too. I like being alone.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heddenbk
Back