Hunting pack for a growing youth hunter

Southern Elk

My son will be elk hunting for the first time this year. He will be 12 and he is growing like a weed. He's asking for a hunting pack for his birthday. Is there a decent pack out there that will grow with him and last several years? Up until now, he has watched me pack out all of the meat. I intend to remedy that this year and make him pack his fair share.

Mystery ranch popup 28, 100%. My wife and 3 boys all use them. They have adjustable sizing and fit smaller people well. We've packed multiple elk with them.

The new pop ups by mystery ranch are awesome. I also strongly recommend that with all of the room for adjustments.

My son got my hand me down Stone Glacier 3300 pack when I upgraded to a 6400. I think most of these modern packs are very adjustable. I had the medium waist belt on it and he probably had a 30” waist at the time and it worked fine. Shoulder straps are very easy to adjust based on torso length. He’s grown about 6” since he got it and we just have to adjust the shoulder straps a bit each season.

My son will be elk hunting for the first time this year. He will be 12 and he is growing like a weed. He's asking for a hunting pack for his birthday. Is there a decent pack out there that will grow with him and last several years? Up until now, he has watched me pack out all of the meat. I intend to remedy that this year and make him pack his fair share.

I picked up a Mystery Ranch Scapegoat 25 for Cole. It has a decent amount of adjustment and fits him now. He took it on the antelope hunt when he was 11 and it worked for him then. He's about to be 13 and it's still fitting and seems to have enough adjustment to last a while.

We used a Mystery ranch pop up. Didn’t buy it for him until he could carry the rifles. Been great. He packed a quarter of an elk last year with minimal complaints.

I got my 2 oldest kids the tenzing shooter packs. 2 yrs ago. Not water proof only down side but great day pack. Plus a great pack to use as shooting rest

What we need is adjustable size boots! He’s gone from size 9 to size 12 in the last 2 years. I need to post up the boots he has outgrown for sale.
I feel like I wore the same shirts from middle school well into college, but I remember my legs and feet grew fast in those years. I can definitely relate to this!

What we need is adjustable size boots! He’s gone from size 9 to size 12 in the last 2 years. I need to post up the boots he has outgrown for sale.
Same. My sons gone up nearly 3 sizes just this year, and they’re practically the same price as adult shoes/boots! OOF

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back